3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anteploe II  (Read 415 times)

Offline Tom McRary

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Anteploe II
« on: October 07, 2023, 02:47:12 PM »
This began back in 2006. Dad had frequently talked about going out west over the years to hunt..But I am certain in his mind that it wasn't really going to happen. Then, in 2005 I finally held a job that afforded me a little extra change in my pocket. Dad had just turned 73 and I appreciated that time was passing much too quickly. As I thought about it I decided that the only two options were a bear hunt or an antelope. I decided that the antelope was the most doable. After talking with a few of the 'old timers' in Carolina Traditional Archers I was directed to the Werner operation out near Douglas, WY. After looking into it I booked a hunt with the Werner outfit and in 2006 we drew the tags. I didn't tell dad until June 2006 about the hunt coming up in September and can honestly say that I don't know that I have ever seen him any more excited. That season we both took fine bucks, both making the book if you care about that sort of thing. His, of course was larger than mine which was (in my mind) exactly the way it was suppose to be.

My 2006 buck

Online MnFn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anteploe II
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2023, 03:02:39 PM »
Good for you Tom. A great story.
My dad got me interested in bow hunting. We had a lot of deer hunting and that was great. We tried for antelope and moose, but it didn’t happen.
Really glad you seized the day, so to speak.
"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella"  Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Online SS Snuffer

• Trad Bowhunter
  • At home in White Oaks and swamps
Re: Anteploe II
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2023, 10:47:30 AM »
My son and I went in 1997. It was $600 a piece. Would really like to take my grandson before I kick off. Good memories!
Glad for you guys, life is short.
Chuck
Kodiak Mag 52" 41 lb.
Kota Kill-Um 60" 42 lb.
Kanati 58" 38 lb.
Black Hunter Longbow 60" 40 lb.

No Guts - No Story

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©