3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Finally Finished My Trophy Room  (Read 1033 times)

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Finally Finished My Trophy Room
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2008, 10:53:00 PM »
Terry, Awesome room!

Did you put nailers (to hang the mounts) between the studs? Is it 16' to the vault?
When I build mine I will hang 3/4" plywood on the studs; then wainscoat over it.

Thank you for sharing.

JDSIII
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Offline SOS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2008, 11:09:00 PM »
From the looks of it, you're going to need another wing to add more trophies.  Very nice room and trophies as well!

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2008, 11:21:00 PM »
Gee George, you brighten up a room wherever you go!  :p  
Beautiful room Terry!  I'll bet you don't get much work done when sitting in there - your mind must just flood over with memories every time you walk in.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Kevin Bahr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2008, 01:47:00 AM »
Way cool, Terry.  I especially like the one laying in the blue chair in the first pic.  I might have to come see the room in person some time...  You might need some more room for Jeff and Tyler's critters pretty soon!

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2008, 12:29:00 PM »
Thanks everyone! I do love that room. I added the sofa and TV so I could be in my favorite place with my favorite people. I can have my family and my memories all in one place. It don't get any better than that.

I did inset some plywood in anticipation of hanging some heavy stuff. The wood is 1" shiplap. It is 19' to the peak.

Kevin, those boys of mine are definitely adding to the collection. As Guru stated above, I can't wait to get Jeff's 176" whitetail back. I still have a Sitka buck out and a turkey cape. Africa, well if I'm lucky, I may need another wing! : )

You guys are definitely of like mind! It is definitely all about the memories. I've got a bunch of stuff still in boxes to display on the shelves (mammoth ivory, antique books, etc.). I'll bring a box up and set it on my desk to begin unpacking. Next thing I know I hear the glunking of a bull moose approaching...

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©