3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Heard of this Quiver?( PICS)  (Read 478 times)

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Heard of this Quiver?( PICS)
« on: May 16, 2008, 06:15:00 PM »
Has anyone ever heard of this? Its made by a Neet Traditions. It was 90.00.  , it came from my local sportings good store.

"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline bailebr3

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Heard of this Quiver?( PICS)
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 06:19:00 PM »
ive seen them at gander mtn. they were the same price and i almost bought one
BRANDON B.
Hoyt Gamemaster II 52# @ 26"
Bear Kodiak Magnum 50# @ 26"

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 06:26:00 PM »
That is where I bought this one.Its seems to be made ok, Ive seen others on this site that look like they are better made.
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline Deadsmple

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 08:28:00 PM »
Careful you don't sweat too much whenever you wear it. It will stain your shirts. Have a friend with that exact one and it ruined a bunch of his t-shirts.
All praise is the Lords

"to get to heaven, turn right and stay straight"

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 09:53:00 PM »
Neet makes a good quiver for the money.  Lots of leather quivers will stain if one gets sweaty under them, but suede is probably a little more prone to it than a hard finish.

Offline MYSTIKBOW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 10:30:00 PM »
Yup...Neet has been around for awhile. They make a good product for the money. I just picked up a pocket/belt quiver that they make. Very good quality and reasonably priced.
I reckon so

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 11:01:00 PM »
I have the exact same quiver, I purchased it from GMt, right before I quit !  Took advantage of my employee discount, I paid $78 with tax.  It was a good deal.

I have some mink skin that I will dress it up with, I also have, a coyote skin from the face and a tail.  Some black and green beads and a Eagle's feather.  So I think I will be able to make it pretty decent.

Pastor Carl
--------------------------
 Heb.13:5-6

Offline Paul Mattson

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 11:06:00 PM »
That's the same one I have on my site, $79.95.
Neet Medium Quiver.

Offline longstiks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 04:16:00 AM »
Pastor Carl,
  Might want to think twice about that Eagle feather unless you are a Nastive American Indian It could be VERY costly if the wrong person sees it. (protected bird)
Denny

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 10:43:00 AM »
I found the eagle feather on the ground under an Eagles nest.  I'll check with the DNR, to see what they have to say about it.  But that would be the same as saying just because I have an eagle feather, I killed an eagle, we sure do have some crazy laws in this united states.  And I don't understand why because your particular type of people it's OK to have eagle's feather, that in itself doesn't make sense to me, what's wrong with anyone been able to have an eagle's feather as long as they didn't kill the eagle get it, I know the eagle is protected specie.

The wolf, has been a protected specie, and you can purchase wolf hides at Gander Mountain.

Oh, speaking of bad stores, that's an example.  I purchased my quiver with a employee discount, and with 20% off, it comes to a dollar less, than what you can get it elsewhere at regular price.

No wonder I quit those goofballs, I would have felt better buying it from BaggierArrow's site.  I do have to say I have never dislike working someplace more than a Gander Mountain.  It's a wonder I last that long.

Carl

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2008, 10:53:00 AM »
$10 says Neet has them made in China. For that kind of money I know you could find one made here by some cottage craftsman (or Women) Have you looked at Shell and Sticshooters site? They may have something for sale there.
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline rbbhunt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2008, 11:23:00 AM »
It is against federal law to posses an eagle feather without a permit.  It doesn't matter if you found it on the ground or bought it at a flea market etc.
RBBHUNT
"Those who will trade liberty for
security, deserve niether" B. Franklin (a long time ago and still valid)

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2008, 11:26:00 AM »
Carl put the feather back as stated above possession of it is a federal felony regardless of how you acquired it and an expensive one at that.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Molson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2008, 11:26:00 AM »
Carl I would forget contacting the DNR and put that feather right back where you got it.  Title 50 Sec 22 of Federal Law if you want to know more.  Legally possessing an eagle feather requires quite a bit more than simply being Native American.  

At any rate, the ability to possess an eagle feather when we can't seems rather trivial considering we not only destroyed the people, but practically their entire history on the earth as well.
"The old ways will work in the future, but the new ways have never worked in the past."

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2008, 01:09:00 PM »
I have assumed that it was an eagle's feather, it is a large feather, how do I know it is an eagle feather for sure ?  Are there any large feather birds that an eagle would attack and take to the nest for feeding the young ?

I stated that it was the eagle's feather because it is large the color is black, I don't think it's a crow's feather, I've never seen a crow feather that big.

Carl

Offline Eric Krewson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2008, 01:17:00 PM »
Take a white turkey secondary feather, dye the tip black and you have an eagle feather.

Offline pjsnell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2008, 01:27:00 PM »
Since it's the national bird, special rules apply to eagles.  Just imagine if they'd used Ben Franklin's nomination: the wild turkey!

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2008, 01:43:00 PM »
I was on a fishing trip in Canada and a guy I was with found an eagle feather laying on a Beaver lodge.  Against mine and other's warnings he proceeded to stick it in his hat and proudly wore it all week and right up to the Canadian border when we left.  

We were detained for about 8 hours while the US and Canadian authorites took statements from all of us.   My "friend"  (more like an aquaintance) received a handsome fine and we were finally allowed to leave.  Needless to say the feather is still in Canada.

Long ride home for our "buddy"

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2008, 01:48:00 PM »
I just did a simple google search, and boy am I ever disappointed, for the last year I thought that stupid thing was an Eagles feather, I found it up north, we go to the boundary Waters a lot, we've gone there for the past 13 years, it looks like it is a large raven's feather.

Now it appears my four-year degree did not help me. I am as dumb as empty walnut shell   :knothead:

Although it was not in bird-owlegee (new word) !

Well, raven feathers not that bad, they hang out with the wolves !

At least that I can put on my quiver.

Carl

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©