3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 33# bow and 7/8th inch heads  (Read 2657 times)

Offline JohnV

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 33# bow and 7/8th inch heads
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2023, 12:39:43 PM »
Comments by Bamboozle do not meet the “expect to be respected” criteria.  Making fun of people and belittling them shows a lack of maturity on your part.  For the record, I don’t think a 33# bow should be permitted for big game hunting nor a 7/8” wide broadhead.  Nor should offensive, belittling comments be permitted. 
Proud Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2023, 12:43:32 PM »
I would like to point out this: After his shoulder replacement, Ron LeClair hunted with a 35 pound bow. If you think that meant that Ron turned feminine late in life you might want to reconsider.

As far as nasty and hot-headed responses on this website are concerned, there has been a lot of that recently. Does it violate the rule about respect? I think so.

Wouldn't it be better to just quietly take something that violates the rule of respect down rather than to lash out and violate the rule in response? The last time I checked, two wrongs still don't make a right.

If someone does not like what I have said, take it down -- and do it quietly and respectfully.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2023, 04:13:30 PM by smokin joe »
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Online Stringwacker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2023, 01:39:18 PM »
I think there are some really good people on this forum. That's the reason I keep hanging around. I sort of doubt that if your a bowhunter and been on here a while (meaning your probably not a troll) that we all probably don't think that much differently about the things that matter.

I think we just have a handful of folks here that want to express their thoughts and beliefs in ways that are extremely disrespectful and out of character with the historical culture of this great forum.  Unchecked, it becomes a cancer that spreads in the forum and the selective moderating isn't helping things.

Pope and Young Life Member
PBS Regular
Compton Bowhunters
Mississippi Bowhunters Hall of Fame

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2023, 02:30:56 PM »
Not sure why anyone needs to go off on a chauvinist/macho rant.  Nothing wrong with a calm discussion of the merits and drawbacks on different energy bows or broadhead widths. 

Offline Joe J

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2023, 03:28:35 PM »
I herniated my C-6 with shooting pain down my shooting arm. I switched back from 60lbs to an old reliable 40lber that shoots darts! 
Didn’t know I went feminine but might explain why there’s now 4 cats running around and a bathroom counter full of makeup and hair products.

Offline GCook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2023, 04:10:20 PM »
Having a nationwide forum for traditional hunters is a good thing.  There are a few but this is the one i got in because a coupme of friends frequented it.
 I saw no mention of "liberal" until someone mentioned they had been a member here a long while, been a traditional bowhunter a lot longer but voted along liberal lines and that shouldnt matter if what we are here for is traditional archery and hunting.  His post got removed.. 
 I know I've never cast a vote for a "liberal" candidate.  However I know it is generally accepted today if you don't agree with someone's position on something to accuse them of being a liberal and it's supposed to be a character assassination ploy.  That accusation as a ploy to shut someone down shouldn't be viewed as strength but should be discouraged.
Trad Gang has some good and knowledgeable folks.  I've enjoyed  some nice conversations, shared pics and communicated with hunters I only know through this electronic camp. 
It does seem these types of threads occur now and then and are allowed, even encouraged, by the selective removal of posts.  The person that started this thread bashing another member should have been the one censured.  Along with those who joined in on the bashing.   Not those who had the courage to call him out on the lack of respect he was showing other members.  It shouldn't matter if the bad behavior was from a contributing member or not.
I can afford to shoot most any bow I like.  And I like Primal Tech bows.

Offline blacktailbob

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
    • Island Graphics Inc.
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2023, 06:49:33 PM »
Missed the fireworks as well. Probably would have put me in “jail”.

Are you admitting you are fem? :biglaugh:

Maybe Dobbs is not familiar with what an M60 is. Certainly not femi.
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

And due to shoulder issues I've dropped to 39 lbs.
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

[email protected]

Islandgraphicsfl.com

Online SS Snuffer

• Trad Bowhunter
  • At home in White Oaks and swamps
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2023, 09:56:38 PM »
We never had arguments like this  years ago. We can thank the big devider for this mess!
All just to get elected!
Chuck
Kodiak Mag 52" 41 lb.
Kota Kill-Um 60" 42 lb.
Kanati 58" 38 lb.
Black Hunter Longbow 60" 40 lb.

No Guts - No Story

Offline Maclean

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2023, 11:47:29 PM »
Tradgang, putting the fun in dysfunctional  ...  :banghead:
Toelke Chinook 58" 52@28
Toelke Pika 54" 50@28
Toelke Whip 64" 42@28
Java Man Elkheart Magnum 52" 48@28
Centaur Longbow 60" 50@28
Black Widow PL III 62" 53@28

Idaho Traditional Bowhunters
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters and Anglers

Offline Overspined

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2023, 12:15:38 PM »
Comments by Bamboozle do not meet the “expect to be respected” criteria.  Making fun of people and belittling them shows a lack of maturity on your part.  For the record, I don’t think a 33# bow should be permitted for big game hunting nor a 7/8” wide broadhead.  Nor should offensive, belittling comments be permitted.

This is not a statement with evidence to support it. Shooting a 7/8” griz would be as effective as anything, native Americans shot bird points at deer. Little tiny stone heads because they penetrate amazingly well. I shoot 1”. What’s the difference.  I’ve never heard a time when a wide head would’ve beat out penetration.  I hear all the time about a lack of penetration with all the crazy heads from any bow. I’d shoot 7/8” Griz all day long. Pair it with a 30# bow with a competent shooter and what’s to fear. Not like you’re going to go kill massive critters with these. It’s deer for crying out loud. A giant deer only needs what, 8” to poke both lungs? Short tracking job. I’ve shot 3 deer already this year with Griz 1” heads. No tracking. You think 1/8” would change that?

Offline Wudstix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Wood arrows & D/R Longbows Rule!!!
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2023, 10:15:50 PM »
Option 1 - if you don't like the thread move on.
Option 2 - follow option 1.
* Remember if you comment on a thread it moves back up top.
 :campfire: :coffee: :archer2: :campfire:
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 03:56:32 PM by Wudstix »
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!!!" - Me

Psalms 121: 1-3 - King David

60" Big River 67#@28"              
60" MOAB D/R LB 62#@27"
60" Big River D/R LB 65#@27"
62" Kota Badlands LB 72#@28"
62" Howatt TD 62#@28
58” Bear Grizzly 70#@28”
62" Big River D/R LB 60#@30"
66" Moosejaw Razorback LB 60#@28"