3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Pennsylvania deer leases  (Read 870 times)

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Pennsylvania deer leases
« on: November 10, 2023, 09:29:53 AM »
I found a realtor that has some small 14-50 acre deer leases in western PA the smaller ones are cheap enough i think but i have to do some more research especially on the camping or where to stay part because im from mass but curious if any trad gangers might be interested in going in on a lease,, i think the local PA residents already have spots but you guys are always welcome especially if any of you can help me out with info or advice as i come up with locations.

Im also planning on potabsco in Maryland if anyone interested in that.
"Us vs Them"

Offline Wild Bill MCP 808

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Pennsylvania deer leases
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2023, 10:57:54 AM »
 I was looking for a small parcel lease in south Central PA area but haven't found any as of yet. Good Luck with your lease
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
60" Black Widow 47@ 28
60" Thunderhorn 50@ 28
62" Thunderhorn 50@ 28
60" Black Widow  46@ 28 
NRA Member
Bill Wilhelm

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2023, 12:01:52 PM »
I did find a couple spots Are you looking for something private or you interested in splitting the costs,, which will ultimately be you having the place most of the time because of how far i  but id like to get at least a few weekends in there archery only.   :notworthy:
"Us vs Them"

Offline Tim Reese

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Cut it out
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2023, 02:51:40 PM »
I actually have a 107 acre lease and it’s not all it’s cracked up to be. We have tons of public so imo not needed. I only keep mine as it’s right out my back door to my camp. But I am the only trad hunter in our small group. We have 5 members and barely use it. Like I said it is right at my camp so it can be convenient . If I had to drive to it from camp I’d give it up in a second. Very expensive imo as well. But he’ll I’d listen to any offers if In north western pa closer to home.
66” Northern Mist Superior
68” Howard Hill cheetah

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2023, 05:28:53 PM »
I noticed all the public spots but how many local hunters will I run into?   I'm alone in a truck with Massachusetts plates and I probably won't know anyone from around there so last thing I want to do is go walking thru someones spot or get into it with anyone.     I figure with a lease I have my own property and maybe I can scope out some local public spots while there and maybe get to know a couple folks and things get easier the following year.

I found 3 property's that are 18 to 24 acres  abutting state game lands,,, each one would be the same price as a BW bow.. not sure if thats a deal or not but in my world thats 3 months in parking tickets alone working in the city so its worth it to me.. 

"Us vs Them"

Offline Tim Reese

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Cut it out
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2023, 08:17:37 PM »
Yeah not trying to talk you out of one just didn’t know if you new of all the public land available is all. For my 107 acres we pay $1400 but includes insurance if anyone got hurt. And it is nice to be able to hang stands and leave them if ya want where public is risky doing that. But I find stands and cameras all over public lands  even after the deadline to take them down after season.

If you ever come into NW pa let me know. I can maybe help ya out
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 08:23:43 PM by Tim Reese »
68” Howard Hill cheetah

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2023, 12:05:41 PM »
Tim thank you for the offer right now im planning on being there but definitely will come in the non season to check anything out especially before i put money down.   

That price for the lease is that total
Or per person,, the leases im looking at theres no insurance maybe not even a phone signal,,, denton hill I didn't have one. 

If its ok can i pm you from here if i have questions about locations..
"Us vs Them"

Offline Tim Reese

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Cut it out
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2023, 04:11:39 PM »
It’s total for all of us. Yes you can pm me anytime.  :archer2:
68” Howard Hill cheetah

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2023, 07:26:04 PM »
There’s plenty of decent public land in PA.  That’s all I hunt. Would some leased property be better? -probably if it’s big enough and is adjacent to some good agriculture.  I very rarely ever run into anybody else or think that I might be invading some else’s spot because it is “public”.  I don’t even worry if I see someone else’s tree stand because our woods are littered with them.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 07:33:22 PM by jsweka »
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Online Bowguy67

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2023, 11:44:12 AM »
Brother the amount of area you’re speaking of wouldn’t be big enough for one person, never mind two. You’d be better of looking at other options
62” Robertson Primal Overdrive 57lbs
62” Robertson Primal Overdrive 52lbs
62” Robertson Primal Overdrive 53lbs
62” Robertson Fatal Styx 47lbs
64” Toelke Whip 52lbs
58” Black Widow PSA 64lbs
62” Black Widow PSA 54lbs
60” Bighorn Grand Slam 60lbs
60” Bear Kodiak Hunter 50lbs painted black. My uncles bow. He may be gone but his spirit isn’t. Bow will hunt again
52” Bear Kodiak Magnum 50lbs

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2023, 06:28:13 AM »
Something to think about...
"Us vs Them"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©