3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: HH BUG GOT ME - Part Three!  (Read 16877 times)

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
HH BUG GOT ME - Part Three!
« on: November 13, 2023, 08:09:00 PM »
What a long, GREAT trip this has been!  Thanx to all y'all!  :campfire:

Howard Hill ~  born November 13th, 1899 ... passed on February 4th, 1975

A man and a legend worth remembering and reflecting  - and in many ways, emulating!

Let's keep the HH BUG going!

PART ONE IS    HERE   

PART TWO IS    HERE   
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Online evgb127

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: HH BUG GOT ME - Part Three!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2023, 08:20:11 PM »
Show ‘em if you got ‘em!

-EVG

Online shick

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2023, 03:31:11 AM »
Evan, you've come a long way.  Good looking bows.
Shick
TGMM Family of the Bow
DAV

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2023, 02:43:02 PM »
Wow, chapter 3, I got Mamba a while ago but didn’t shoot it because of shoulder issues. I got it out today since I can shoot right handed again. Probably the most quiet bow I ever shot !!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Tim Reese

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Cut it out
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2023, 03:31:16 PM »
Sitting in a tree as we speak with the cheetah
66” Northern Mist Superior
68” Howard Hill cheetah

Offline Tim Reese

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Cut it out
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2023, 03:33:33 PM »
From a week ago. The NM whisper was out some too
66” Northern Mist Superior
68” Howard Hill cheetah

Online Michael Guran

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2023, 08:15:01 AM »
Still working on the first harvest for Kim Sha Traditions.  Had a couple of close calls, but no shots yet. Gun season opens this weekend so it’s crunch time!

Offline toddster

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2023, 05:26:58 PM »
Awesome display of longbow lust bows.  Mr.  Hill, Mr. Schulz and and the great bowyers Steve, Nate.  Keep tbe legacacy ans passion alive each day with the flight of each of our shafts

Online shick

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2023, 09:37:03 AM »
Great pics Ray; thanks for sharing.
Shick
TGMM Family of the Bow
DAV

Offline GregD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2023, 07:40:36 AM »
Sunbear at work

Offline trad_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2023, 07:23:40 AM »
I suppose I am new and hooked. I received my very first ASL on Monday October 30th which was. 66” Creek Walker Gator. I tuned arrows close enough and too my first deer which was a decent buck on public on Friday November 3rd. I have now tried many bows and seem to prefer a 68-70” bow with a slight dished grip. I am still learning and trying bows. I prefer 46-48 pounds at 30” draw. I have a true 30” draw.

Looking forwards to reading and learning more on here. If anyone has any low weight bows for sale 40-44@28” 68-70” send me a text or call 828-855-5480

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2023, 07:41:24 AM »
I suppose I am new and hooked. I received my very first ASL on Monday October 30th which was. 66” Creek Walker Gator. I tuned arrows close enough and too my first deer which was a decent buck on public on Friday November 3rd. I have now tried many bows and seem to prefer a 68-70” bow with a slight dished grip. I am still learning and trying bows. I prefer 46-48 pounds at 30” draw. I have a true 30” draw.

Looking forwards to reading and learning more on here. If anyone has any low weight bows for sale 40-44@28” 68-70” send me a text or call 828-855-5480

Give the Black Hunter 3pc longbows a glance.  I've had 3 or 4 of them and I will attest to their good value and performance.  Their limb cores are bamboo, for very smooth drawing, particularly for long draw archers.  Yes, they are both cheap ($150) and made on the Pacific Rim, but they are *that* good.

I, nor Trad Gang, have any affiliation with these bows or their manufacturer.  They're just truly really good bows for the buck and my recommendation for a newbie getting into trad archery/bowhunting.  Add in some matched carbons and go kill something for suppers.  :saywhat:   :campfire:

https://www.mandarinduck.net/product/black-hunter-60-take-long-bow-right-hand/

IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline trad_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2023, 07:45:15 AM »

Give the Black Hunter 3pc longbows a glance.  I've had 3 or 4 of them and I will attest to their good value and performance.  Their limb cores are bamboo, for very smooth drawing, particularly for long draw archers.  Yes, they are both cheap ($150) and made on the Pacific Rim, but they are *that* good.

https://www.mandarinduck.net/product/black-hunter-60-take-long-bow-right-hand/

Hey buddy I am new to ASL (HH bows) not new to the traditional archery scene well I am fairly new I started shooting a recurve in 2020, I’ve taken my 46th animal this year with a stick bow.

Thanks for the heads up, I’ve had numerous black hunters along with allot of other high end recurves and R/D long bows. I am only interested in HH style bows now.

Thank you so much for your advice and help.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2023, 12:29:19 PM »
Just picked up a nice bow for my collection of ASL’s. A Benoit 68” 41@28 gray glass on both sides. It’s a real sweetheart !!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Online Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2023, 07:45:28 PM »
Very nice.  Looks like a good piece of Cocobolo for the riser.  Might I ask, how long is the riser, fade to fade? 

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2023, 08:29:43 PM »
Looks like the riser is 15” tip to tip !!

Online Yooper-traveler

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2023, 09:57:07 PM »
Ron that was mine lol.  Great bow!  Bob from Minnesota bought it from me.  Congrats!
Klaatu, Verata, Nicto

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2023, 10:15:06 PM »
 :biglaugh: I am very glad you sold it to him !!

Online Yooper-traveler

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2023, 11:26:00 PM »
If memory serves I think I bought it from him first…. :biglaugh:
Klaatu, Verata, Nicto

Users currently browsing this topic:

hardtimes, Ken Babicky, Black-Hill, Phil Magistro, bigjohnmissalot and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©