3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: cat whiskers  (Read 235 times)

Offline ozy clint

• Trad Bowhunter
cat whiskers
« on: May 17, 2008, 07:55:00 AM »
is there any way of installing cat whiskers so that they can be moved along the string in order to find the optimum position? i'm shooting a 58" howatt recurve, 55# @ 28". where is the 'sweet spot'. i have been told to put them at 12" & 16" from the point where the string meets the limb, but the 16" one is to close to my face. i think joesph told me that. any help would be great.
Thick fog slowly lifts
Jagged peaks and hairy beast
Food for soul and body.

Border black douglas recurve 70# and 58# HEX6 BB2 limbs

Offline Michael Golden

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: cat whiskers
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 07:58:00 AM »
I was told to put them halfway in between the serving and the limb tip. Works for me.

Mike

Online Jack Denbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 08:01:00 AM »
Clint check the 3 rivers website, I think they give video instructions there. I think they are just tied on so you should be able to slide them where ever you want.
Jack
PBS Associate member
TGMM Family of the Bow
Life is good in the mountains

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 08:20:00 AM »
just put them between the strands of your string. You should be able to move them with out too much trouble. Once you find the spot; tie them in.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline PowDuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 08:31:00 AM »
I serve them on, while still intact, with dental floss or serving string. My best success with positioning is to divide the string length by 4 and put them there. i.e. - String length = 56". 56/4=14 Put the silencers at 14" from the limb tips.
Romans 8:28

Offline bearfootin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 12:30:00 PM »
Hi, if you tie the whiskers on you can find your bows " sweet spot", then, what I do is mark the spot with a marker and relax the string and devide it into two equal strands then cut the whiskers to three inches long and slide the piece, 1" or 1&1/4" wide between the strands. When the string is put back under tension there is no need to tie or serve the wiskers in, they don't moove. Once they are pulled and snipped to separate, they will form to a helical shape the same as the twist of the string. they really look COOL and work very well. Try it. Hope this helps,......Lloyd
GIT -R- DONE

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©