3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: bob lee weight reduction  (Read 227 times)

Offline whossbows

• Trad Bowhunter
bob lee weight reduction
« on: May 17, 2008, 12:30:00 PM »
how hard would it be to take 52lb down to 45,on a bob lee recurve,takedown,,jeff

Offline KyleAllen

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: bob lee weight reduction
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 02:26:00 PM »
not hard at all if you have the sanders and all that jazz. You need to make sure you mark center line on the limbs so that you take them down equally. You will however be making your limbs less stable and more prone to torquing. Two of the guys i shoot with, have taken down their bob lees. From 58 at 28 to 54 at 30.

Offline whossbows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 02:42:00 PM »
thanks,maybe i need to get bob lee to send me an xtra set,,jeff

Offline redfish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 10:16:00 PM »
I would suggest that you consider getting Rob to make you a new set and selling your old ones. You'll be out the difference, but you'll have a matched set of limbs, and you will know they are right.
El Paisano
Ebi-kuyuutsi

Offline hunter jenkins

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 10:23:00 PM »
i side with redfish on this one if you sand the limbs and dont like it well you cant put it back on good luke hunter jenkins

Offline Coldfingers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 10:54:00 PM »
My son talked my out of my BL, even though the limbs I had for it were a mite on the heavy side for him.

He contacted Mr. Lee, sent the riser off, and in just a few weeks he had the new limbs.

A very happy camper, PLUS, he still has the heavy limbs for elk and moose hunting.

Not a bad deal at all.

Scotty
Porquipines are peacefull creatures, but God still saw fit to give them quills.

Offline COMBER

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 11:10:00 PM »
I just picked my Robertson up from Jim Belcher at the Baltimore shoot and I have to tell you I will be looking at all heavy bows now differently. I asked him to take as much weight as he could off my 60Lb bow without risking anything since a new set of limbs would be $500 and he was able to get it down to 53Lbs and I mean to tell you I am beyond impressed with the way it shoots, feels and looks. He charged $150 for the weight reduction and a flawless refinish with Thunderbird. I can probaly say I have one of the nicest shooting and finished Robertsons out there. Give Jim Belcher a call you won't be sorry.

Thanks,
       Jake
TGMM Family Of The Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©