3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: My Wadrop PacSeat  (Read 6639 times)

Offline TWCPac

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: My Wadrop PacSeat
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2024, 12:19:23 PM »
These do not squeak i Can assure you. This seat has been on market for approx 20 years with no squeaks from bolts. The only noise it could make is from fabric against the tubing. This is correct by applying generously a coat of GULF wax that can be purchased via Walmart or Amazon. When we build the seats, we apply the wax. However, just like anything, the wax over time wears off.

Offline 1Canvas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2024, 01:21:32 PM »
I have often used silicone on tubing that has fabric over it on tree stands. This PAC Seat is definitely on my “to purchase” list. I just think it would be a great fit at this time in my life.

Offline 1Canvas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2024, 02:04:25 PM »
WOW, 50.00 shipping, that’s a hard cost to swallow. I ship in my business so that makes it really hard.

Offline TWCPac

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2024, 02:10:01 PM »
We have tried both ups and FedEx. It's the size of the box not the weight. By the time we add the insurance to the shipping, some times we break even some times we loose and sometimes we make a dollar. We no control over the shipping costs.

Offline TWCPac

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2024, 02:11:06 PM »
I have a coupon for $20 off that should help. "PACSETVETERANS20"

Offline 1Canvas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2024, 02:30:50 PM »
☝️Now that’s a deal I just can’t pass up. I just placed an order. Thank you.

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2024, 05:32:44 PM »
Usually on better quality tree stand they have Teflon or nylon bushings to eliminate squeaks.

Just to be clear.....I have no interest in Waldrop seats. I don't even know who owns them now.

I own a ton of treestands, including Lone Wolf and Hunting Beast stands, which are widely recognized as "top quality'. The Waldrop seat is built as good or better, and is MUCH quieter than either of those stands.
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline TWCPac

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2024, 05:53:54 PM »
That's awesome! We offer a 100% money back guarantee minus shipping if your not satisfied.  We work very hard to keep the quality of the seat while offering at a reasonable price. Please remember,  these seats were sold for $350 2 years ago. We have brought the costs down as much as possible and still stay in business.  We make every seat by hand and stand behind our products.

Offline Hud

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • 360-921-5779
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2024, 06:47:09 PM »
Has anyone tried the Blackout Comfort Max 360 Original Blind Chair. There are several other models to choose from.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/blackout-comfort-max-360-original-blind-chair
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline 1Canvas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2024, 08:06:23 PM »
That's awesome! We offer a 100% money back guarantee minus shipping if your not satisfied.  We work very hard to keep the quality of the seat while offering at a reasonable price. Please remember,  these seats were sold for $350 2 years ago. We have brought the costs down as much as possible and still stay in business.  We make every seat by hand and stand behind our products.

I have been looking at these seats for over a year reading reviews and asking questions, I have not read any negative reviews about the seat or the company. The one single review that had an issue it was handle great by the company. The seat itself should work great for me as I move from trees to the ground as I get older. Currently, after trying many seats I settled on the Millennium Tree Seat and a Millennium Blind Chair, both extremely comfortable. The blind chair, although high quality is heavy, but it works great where there are no trees to fasten the Tree Seat to. The Tree Seat is both light and comfortable. With either seat I carry on my back in with a harness. I figure the Pac Seat can do both and much lighter. The real advantage I see with the Pac Seat is I am able to carry in extra clothing and other things much easier. Hooking clothing and gear on to the seats I have does not work well at all. I am a late season hunter and this ability is huge for me. I believe the Millennium seats are the most comfortable but the Pac Seat only has to be comfortable enough. I have various seat cushions that can help with that.
So it seems to me the Pac Seat is a good choice for me, I have put a lot of thought into it.
I have trusted friends on other forums that own them a really like them.

Online MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2024, 07:40:30 AM »
One more thing I like about the PAC seat vs  the Tree seat. In the Tree seat every time I fall asleep id wake up with a crick in my neck because my head leans forward. I adjust the lean on my PAC seat so I’m leaning back and don’t get those crick’s in my neck anymore   :archer:
The PAC seat is a lot more comfortable than I expected. I had read all the reviews that mentioned them being comfortable I really thought that the comfort level was being exaggerated. It’s much more comfortable than i expected.

"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Online TIM B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2024, 07:57:46 AM »
Like Roger, I have no interest or connection to the seat, I have had mine for many years.  But I will mention, that after I mentioned in this thread that my seat fabric began to squeak, Tim, the new owner, sent me a PM to tell me about the Gulf Wax.  That was nice, and respectable as the owner following up with a small issue.

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2024, 08:38:14 AM »
Gulf wax is a great idea. I have been squirting seats and treestands for years with Pam.....Gulf wax is a better plan.

G. Fred Asbell

Offline Wild Bill MCP 808

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2024, 08:50:14 AM »
I bought my Pac seat off of Dave a few years back and paid $ 250.00 + shipping. Like everything else these days cost and shipping go up. To the new owners you have a good product try hard to keep the prices reasonable for your product. Customers appreciation goes a long way for future sales. Thanks for maiking a good product.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
60" Black Widow 47@ 28
60" Thunderhorn 50@ 28
62" Thunderhorn 50@ 28
60" Black Widow  46@ 28 
NRA Member
Bill Wilhelm

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2024, 10:35:13 AM »
Shipping costs are why I try and buy things at the shows....Compton, GLLI, Kalamazoo.....

G. Fred Asbell

Offline 1Canvas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2024, 10:59:52 AM »
Shipping costs are why I try and buy things at the shows....Compton, GLLI, Kalamazoo.....
If I see an item that I decide would work for me I’m pretty quick to buy it. Over the years there have been some great stands and other items be discontinued, not because of anything bad, just not profitable. The latest example is the Sherpa conversion tree stand game cart, I knew for the price that they were charging it was too low to be profitable. I’m glad I bought one when I did, that thing is great. Now that I can no longer carry more than 20# on my back, with the Sherpa cart I can cart my stand and gear in and out without a big concern about weight. It’s a great item for us older hunters.
I did have an issue with the 50.00 shipping cost on the Waldrop Pac Seat, but when I got 20.00 off with the discount code, 30.00 for shipping was more than reasonable and was my trigger to buy now.
If this Pac Seat works out as well as people say and I think it will be well worth the costs.
I would hate to miss out on a great product because of shipping costs.

Online MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2024, 09:53:49 AM »
I ran into a guy hunting this year using the Sherpa cart . Think the guy said he was in his seventies. He was going in farther than I want to these days.
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Offline 1Canvas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2024, 10:39:33 AM »
I ran into a guy hunting this year using the Sherpa cart . Think the guy said he was in his seventies. He was going in farther than I want to these days.
Almost seventy myself 😏.

Offline 1Canvas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2024, 09:23:03 AM »
For anyone interested I found a 9 page thread on Saddlehunter.com. It has a lot of opinions from people who have and been using the pac seat. It has made me feel good about ordering one.

Offline 1Canvas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2024, 03:57:04 PM »
I got my Pac Seat today and this is going to work out great. It’s unbelievably light weight, just what I needed. It is very well built and very high quality, think it’s the perfect height seat for me at my age, it fits over the tallest tree roots, a big plus for where I hunt. I have a Hazmore seat cushion that works great on the seat, it’s very lightweight and not very thick. With the option of free standing or leaning against the tree, this will be perfect for me. I couldn’t be happier with the Waldrop Pac Seat.
I will be playing with it for a while and probably get a bit of paint on it and do some modifications . My only regret is I didn’t order the game bag with it. I thought it may have been included being I seen a couple of video unboxing on YouTube where they were surprised to see one folded up in the back. No problem, I will order one before next season or maybe just make one, I have a boat canvas business. I just wanted to get the seat so I know what I will be selling in the fall with stands and different seats. What everyone has said about the seat is true, I think it’s about as good as it gets for ground hunting.
I will eventually post modifications at a later day.
I think I had been reading up on these seats for over a year, but to those on the fence about buying one do it, as others told me, you won’t regret it.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 04:17:24 PM by 1Canvas »

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©