3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 3-D Shoots in Southern Indiana  (Read 1548 times)

Offline HoosierBricky

• Trad Bowhunter
3-D Shoots in Southern Indiana
« on: January 30, 2024, 10:49:15 AM »
Good morning everyone.  I have viewed this site for a while now and have immensely enjoyed the conversations and community. I decided to jump in with both feet and join. This is my first post so please bear with me.  With deer season behind me and the winter blues setting in, my mind has turned to warmer days and 3-D shoots.  I was curious if anyone might have any dates listed for upcoming spring shoots here in Southern Indiana or Western Kentucky. Thank you.

Offline Breakfast Boy

• Corporate Sponsor
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: 3-D Shoots in Southern Indiana
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2024, 03:26:28 PM »
I'm not sure about 3D shoots down that way, but we do have the Indiana Bowhunter Association banquet (see attachement for flyer) coming up on the south side of Indy on February 17th. While the IBA isn't a traditional only organization, we do have a lot of folks who shoot traditional (including myself) and our guest speakers this year will be Bryan Burkhardt and Jim Eeckhout. Plus Gene Hopkins is going to display his fantastic collection of Fred Bear memorabilia. Tickets have to be purchased no later than this coming Friday the 2nd so we can give the banquet facility a head count. If you have more questions, please let me know. I would love to meet up with another traditional shooter and I'm sure some of the crew there will be able to direct you to some 3D shoots down that way.

-Jameson

-Jameson

Membership Secretary
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

www.comptontraditionalbowhunters.com

Online Kenny Henderson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2024, 06:17:46 PM »
Indiana Traditional Bowhunters Assoc. (ITBA.org) has a shoot this coming Saturday Feb 3rd, the shoot is in Scottsburg, you can also look into Blackhawk Bowhunters which is located in Yankeetown, it isn’t a trad only shoot, but it’s close to you, there are typically several trad shooters at the Blackhawk shoots.
"Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass" Psalm 37:5

Online David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2024, 07:21:56 PM »
Welcome aboard.  There is a great shoot in Harrodsburg, KY, the KyTradfest, April 5-7. Also a great shoot in Cloverdale, IN June 7, 8, and 9.  Cloverdale has one of the best 3D courses you will find, great group of vendors, blanket swap.  You really would love it. I've been attending for years.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline HoosierBricky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2024, 10:03:46 AM »
Thank you all very much for the replies. I will definitely keep these in mind. I shot the course at Blackhawk years ago, but work and the kiddo kinda put things on the back burner.  It was a fun shoot and I always enjoyed it. Hopefully I can get back at it here soon. Thank you once again. -Eddie

Online dnovo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2024, 10:51:44 AM »
Yes, first is the Kentucky Tradfest in April, then the Tennessee Classic in May and then Cloverdale in June. All great shoots and not too far.
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2024, 11:17:40 AM »
Trade Water Trad Gang, in Sturgis, Ky had their 1ST shoot last weekend...Well w/i the vicinity you had posted...check their Facebook page.

Note: many 3D shoots in Western KY.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2024, 03:29:49 PM »
I went to Cloverdale Nationals many times when I lived in Indiana .Its about 60 miles East of Indianapolis just off I-70.

You Absolutly must go to that Trad Archery venue.Its in early to mid June. 

Offline tecum-tha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2024, 04:08:08 PM »
If you search for Ohio Valley Bowhunters. They have a current 3D shoot schedule for shoots within an hour drive of you.
It is on their facebook site.
https://www.facebook.com/p/Ohio-River-Valley-Bowhunters-100079973454378/
Blackhawk Bowhunters is a little north of Alcoa, our shoots are starting in March this year.
Ohio Valley Bowhunters starts this Sunday, then is Beaver Lake in Jasper, and then the third weekend, it was normally Patoka Lake.
Their schedule is not out yet.
The is als the Harrison County Archery Club shooting normally the 4 Sunday of the month.

All of these shoots are mixed, but Ohio Valley has some special Trad shoots.

You are about 12 minutes down the road from me,lol.

Online dnovo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2024, 05:43:01 PM »
Steelhead,  I think you mean west of Indianapolis.
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©