Author Topic: 2024 Bow Swap Progress Thread - Open  (Read 58384 times)

Offline Crooked Stic

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2024 Bow Swap Progress Thread - Open
« Reply #300 on: February 23, 2024, 05:30:45 PM »
East west north south :dunno:
High on Archery.

Offline Buemaker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #301 on: February 23, 2024, 06:09:56 PM »
Well, my bow is not going to America. When I started to draw it I had a dead even tiller at brace, then drawing further the tiller changed, adjusting and drawing it further it changed again. Kept on like that and by the time I had a perfect tiller at full draw the bow was too light. All three lams Hickory, Purpleheart and Ipe looked perfect, but wood is wood, I suspect the Ipe belly was the culprit. In this case I do not think it would be wise to pike it. The good thing is that I have a light bow I can sell. So back to the drawing board, still have plenty time. Maybe glass this time, we will see. This was Bue’s night report, a tiny bit pi- -ed off.

Offline Mad Max

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #302 on: February 23, 2024, 06:31:22 PM »
Well, my bow is not going to America. When I started to draw it I had a dead even tiller at brace, then drawing further the tiller changed, adjusting and drawing it further it changed again. Kept on like that and by the time I had a perfect tiller at full draw the bow was too light. All three lams Hickory, Purpleheart and Ipe looked perfect, but wood is wood, I suspect the Ipe belly was the culprit. In this case I do not think it would be wise to pike it. The good thing is that I have a light bow I can sell. So back to the drawing board, still have plenty time. Maybe glass this time, we will see. This was Bue’s night report, a tiny bit pi- -ed off.

Bummer Bue
I would rather fail at something above my means, than to succeed at something  beneath my means  
}}}}===============>>

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #303 on: February 23, 2024, 06:42:03 PM »
Looks awesome Mr Stic.  Sure will be happy to get it...  :goldtooth:

Dang Bue, that always bites!!
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline Jon Lipovac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #304 on: February 23, 2024, 07:20:34 PM »
Dang it Bue.
Sure is pretty too.

Offline Crooked Stic

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #305 on: February 23, 2024, 08:18:15 PM »
You will get er figured out Bue.

N
               E.  W.    KENNY  :laughing:
                  S
High on Archery.

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #306 on: February 23, 2024, 08:26:16 PM »
Mostly west eh???  :laughing:
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Online Kirkll

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #307 on: February 23, 2024, 08:46:02 PM »

Hey!  At least it didn't blow up like mine did...   :biglaugh:

That's what i did... I went back to glass and hit draw weight perfectly this time. But..... Being a fun project, i've got something a little different i threw into the mix this time. but i'm going to wait until i get my horn material and tip overlays completed before i post photos.

but i can say these limbs came out looking pretty "Wild".......      Kirk
Big Foot Bows
Traditional Archery
[email protected]
http://bigfootbows.com/b/bows/

Online Longcruise

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #308 on: February 23, 2024, 09:14:37 PM »
The Myrtle donated by Gary Schuler showed up early in the week.  Two beautiful pieces of green Myrtle and two pieces of Myrtle burl.  The burl really needs to be stabilized and I'm not set up for that.  Maybe I can find someone to stabilize it but not at this time.

Here are the two pieces of green Myrtle.  I haven't decided which piece yet but either is going to be great.  It will contribute nicely to the Hill tradition.

But....I'm making changes that will complicate hitting weight so I'll be doing a test bow first to establish a baseline.

"Every man is the creature of the age in which he lives;  very few are able to raise themselves above the ideas of the time"     Voltaire

Online Mo_coon-catcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #309 on: February 24, 2024, 04:32:56 PM »
I decided to get some work in on the wonky Osage. It’s coming along decently and fairly quickly. I love the really uneven looking brace of this thing. There’s still a good bit of refining to go, but it’s dropping weight to the point I can work on it pretty well.

Kyle

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #310 on: February 24, 2024, 05:27:31 PM »
Last overlay put on , next we make the sight window on one side and the grip for the victims big little hands …

Offline Crooked Stic

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #311 on: February 24, 2024, 08:10:03 PM »
That's lookin pretty good. Would not mind having another Kenny bow.  :biglaugh:
High on Archery.

Offline Buemaker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #312 on: February 25, 2024, 05:26:30 AM »
Better start on the second one. I have woods so no problem there. I also have half finished and almost finished bows that can fit my victim.

Offline derekdiruz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #313 on: February 25, 2024, 03:03:06 PM »
Hadn't made much progress the past week or so, as I've been working on a new template sander for my oscillating edge I picked up. Well, got her all set up with a collar and we're back in business. Tomorrow I'll have all of the footing jigs made up for the riser, and I'll be cutting the veneer. Going with quilted kosipo in the limbs.. Pics to come when I have something worthy of a photo in a few days.

Offline Buemaker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #314 on: February 25, 2024, 06:07:09 PM »
I did finish the bow that became too light to go to America. I thought I may show a few pics of it anyway. I do not use varnish or laquer on my all wood bows, but wood oil. I like the look and feel of the wood structure to shine through.

Online Kirkll

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #316 on: February 25, 2024, 07:24:05 PM »
What's up with the string holding the hose in place in your form? :dunno: :dunno:
Big Foot Bows
Traditional Archery
[email protected]
http://bigfootbows.com/b/bows/

Offline Mad Max

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #317 on: February 25, 2024, 08:06:41 PM »
Nice bue
I like that long underlay on the tip :thumbsup:
I would rather fail at something above my means, than to succeed at something  beneath my means  
}}}}===============>>

Offline 4 point

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #318 on: February 25, 2024, 09:31:26 PM »
I got everything glued up. It was to nice to be in the shop so I didn’t get much done this weekend.

Offline Mad Max

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #319 on: February 25, 2024, 10:26:25 PM »
I got everything glued up. It was to nice to be in the shop so I didn’t get much done this weekend.

You have a great start :goldtooth:
}}}}===============>>

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©