3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Elkheart Magnum opinions and feedback wanted  (Read 1632 times)

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
Elkheart Magnum opinions and feedback wanted
« on: March 14, 2024, 03:44:54 PM »
I am interested to hear if any of you have any experience with the Elkheart Magnum in the 50"-52" lengths. At this year's Kalamazoo Expo I had the pleasure to shoot a few Java Man bows. Of the three lefties that he had on his rack, the bow that impressed me the most was the 50" Elkheart Magnum. The bow test area was pretty busy, and you were limited to 3 shots. If you wanted to shoot more, you had to get back in line. I did manage to sneak a fourth shot in with the 50"er though. :archer2:vI am thinking very seriously about pulling the trigger on that little bow. I have a deposit in already for a build, but Gregg said that I can apply the deposit toward the Magnum.

Many times (too many), I have tested bows and experienced what I call "new bow syndrome". See a bow that catches your eye and take it to the practice range, and it shoots lights out for you! You buy the bow and just know that you've found "the one" only to realize that it doesn't shoot any better, or even as well as the other bows on your rack!

Gregg builds a fine bow, and I am going to own one (maybe more than one) in the near future, so any feedback form Magnum shoots is appreciated!
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Maclean

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Elkheart Magnum opinions and feedback wanted
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2024, 03:58:28 PM »
I'll be watching this one as well. I've never shot the Magnum, but I have a 56" Elkheart. I'm intrigued with Gregg's short hybrids.   :archer2:
Toelke Chinook 58" 52@28
Toelke Pika 54" 50@28
Toelke Whip 64" 42@28
Java Man Elkheart Magnum 52" 48@28
Centaur Longbow 60" 50@28
Black Widow PL III 62" 53@28

Idaho Traditional Bowhunters
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters and Anglers

Offline Rando

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2024, 04:22:18 PM »
Hi Mike -
I have two Elkheart 58 inchers and an EH Magnum 52 incher. The Elkhearts are my primary bows for everything - they just fit me!! The Magnum I bought as a ground blind bow... and I really like it also. I will say that I shoot the Elkhearts better naturally, probably because I've been shooting em forever. The Magnum is an awesome bow also, I just have to be more conscious of my shooting process to shoot it as well.
Not a bad thing - I just think that with the shortened geometry and less mass the Magnum may not be as forgiving to my shooting errors. But I really enjoy it in a blind or off the ground and as long as I'm doing what I should (not being too sloppy), it shoots great for me!
Gregg makes awesome bows... as you know!
Randy

Online Whitetails2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2024, 12:01:34 PM »
I have a 50" Elkhart Magnum that I have been shooting for 2 years. It's a great bow and I would recommend it.

Offline Ulysseys

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2024, 07:43:30 AM »
I struggled a bit with a 50” one but oddly just saw it back up for sale and have been thinking of buying it back. It was a flawless bow in every respect build wise but I found the grip a bit small for me to get comfortable with and if I recall I struggled to get an arrow consistently tuned (which is more about me than the bow). I shoot 3 under which might have been the issue.
Type inspirational or witty quote here

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2024, 02:30:41 PM »
I have a few of Gregg’s bows and they are to beat my Elkhearts 56” are accurate smooth and fast,but I really would like to try a 50” Mag.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©