3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Favorite hunting quiver  (Read 14697 times)

Online kopfjaeger

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Favorite hunting quiver
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2024, 01:41:19 PM »
My favorite Kwikee Kwiver is my three arrow Bear Archery one.  :biglaugh:  :goldtooth:
HE made me into a polished arrow & concealed me in HIS quiver. Isaiah 49:2

Online jess stuart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2024, 02:20:27 PM »
Kwikee and Gunshy are my favorite bow quives.

Online supernaut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2024, 02:51:36 PM »
Here is a Kwikee Sidewinder, another Kwikee hip quiver my good friend Frank made and gave me, and a couple more my good buddy Jed sent me.
Prayer changes things.

If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.

Online supernaut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2024, 06:29:37 PM »
I really like Great Northern quivers as well. Here is a bolt on I just picked up for my beautiful 1972 Super Kodiak.
Prayer changes things.

If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.

Offline Wudstix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Wood arrows & D/R Longbows Rule!!!
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2024, 06:41:55 PM »
Only have one screw in quiver mounted on a Big River mild D/R longbow, it came to me that way.
 :campfire: :coffee: :archer2: :campfire:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 01:19:32 PM by Wudstix »
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!!!" - Me

Psalms 121: 1-3 - King David

60" Big River 67#@28"              
60" MOAB D/R LB 62#@27"
60" Big River D/R LB 65#@27"
62" Kota Badlands LB 72#@28"
62" Howatt TD 62#@28
58” Bear Grizzly 70#@28”
62" Big River D/R LB 60#@30"
66" Moosejaw Razorback LB 60#@28"

"Memento Mori"
PBS - Associate Member
Retired DoD Civ 1985-2019

Online glenbo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2024, 07:17:14 PM »
Great northern for me. I have strap ons,side mount and limb bolt. I also have a mini cat quiver and a leather tube quiver. I just prefer not to have anything hanging off my side. I once arrived at my stand only to realize I left my arrows home .

Online Brockett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2024, 12:15:24 PM »
I like my Catquiver I. Takes a little bit of getting used to getting the arrows back in. Once that is mastered I love the way it protects the fletching and keeps everything out of the way until I need it.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 12:25:48 PM by Brockett »

Online Spottedwolf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2024, 05:30:58 PM »
Safari Tuff or Asbell style made from old Black Widow bow quiver for my ASL's, 3 Great Northern's and 3 Selway's for my other bows.

Cari-Bow Slynx 60"/49 lbs.@28"
Horne Brushbow 62"/51 lbs@29"
BW LAG 66"/56 lbs.@29"
Poison Dart 62"/46 lbs.@29"

Offline TGbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2024, 07:57:36 AM »
I use bow quivers a lot, Selway, Thunderhorn, Eagles Flight.
For non bow quivers I have used Cat Quivers some in the past but I have a River Wolf tube quiver that Ralph made me that is my preference for non bow quivers.

Online dnovo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2024, 06:42:02 PM »
Thunderhorn Boa small fry bow quiver for me.
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Online Mad Bear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2024, 02:17:10 PM »
Depending on the season or how I am bowhunting. Inside a blind i like to bring this back quiver i made out of plumbing pvc and a some hunting strap hardware.

If its deer/moose season and I am mobile or in a stand I use my selway side quiver.

Inside a blind a side quiver on my short longbow is frustrating. The arrow nocks are always sticking into the mud. This is why I prefer to pack my arrows in a backquiver and have them ready.

Offline toddster

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2024, 02:33:24 PM »
safari tuff, but did love my lakota quiver I made years ago, that was stolen.,

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2024, 07:44:43 PM »
I have owned most every quiver out there at one time, my favorite by far is the Great Northern.  It just does everything better.
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Online kopfjaeger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2024, 07:02:57 AM »
Pays to have a few different quivers on hand.  :goldtooth:
HE made me into a polished arrow & concealed me in HIS quiver. Isaiah 49:2

Online LookMomNoSights

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2024, 08:51:51 AM »
Going back plenty of years now I guess,  I have tried most methods of carrying my hunting arrows.   Bow mounted quivers I started with,  back quivers like Hill style,  tube style like the Safari Tuff,  sling style where the quiver has a hood and arrow gripper like a bow mounted,  but you sling it and it'll ride on your hip and you can set it down where decide to sit or stand for a bit ..........
I will say so far,  no quiver style is absolutely perfect.  They all seem to have at least 1 thing about them that keeps them from being absolutely perfect .......  Im talking about the method of carry and the actual model of quiver.
What I have found to be closest to perfect,  is the Great Northern strap on.  I use the model with the kick back,  and these days I always opt for the in line arrow gripper.  To me,  the inline gripper is a MUST.  I do like to shoot a bow without a quiver attached if Im just shooting arrows and having fun.  If I'm going to the woods,  my bow will have a quiver strapped to it.  It makes 1 complete package, ready to grab and take care of business.  I can grab it an run.  I can peel an arrow out of the quiver fast and get it on the string with the most efficiency of movement if needed.  I also like the way it balances out my longbows.  The Great Northern quality is hard to beat.  The strap on style can be moved from 1 bow to another easy and in seconds,  if you should need to.....no special screw mounting to the riser.  Strap it down good,  they are solid and silent.   I started with a couple Great Northerns but back then,  they did not offer the inline gripper (that I ever saw anyhow),  only the 3 in front, 2 in back configuration.  I always hated that.  When the in line gripper was offered,  I went back to GN and my quiver needs are water under the bridge.  Im staying with GN,  not looking back.  To me , they are as close to perfect as I need.

Offline David McLendon

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2024, 03:32:10 PM »
I'm not a fan of quivers in general and have a big pile of all types. As far as bow quivers I like Thunderhorn the best mostly on recurves, but what I use most often is a Powderhorn side Stalking quiver made by Art Vincent as I don't really want a bow quiver on my longbows.
Lefties are the only ones who hold the bow in the right hand.

Offline JD Page

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2024, 12:20:23 PM »
I've used several of the big names out there and they are all good, I am currently using a Big Jim's quiver with the Deflex bracket on my new Javaman Elkheart and its my all time favorite now. Really like the secure, rock solid way it mounts and the positive lock it gives to the arrows, no more loose arrows sliding down and out of the gripper. Price point was also very good compared to many of the others. Give them a look, you won't be disappointed!

Offline Wild Bill MCP 808

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2024, 12:46:34 PM »
Ffor me Thunderhorn's small fry 4 arrow for most hunts. I have a six arrow for hog hunting.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
60" Black Widow 47@ 28
60" Thunderhorn 50@ 28
62" Thunderhorn 50@ 28
60" Black Widow  46@ 28 
NRA Member
Bill Wilhelm

Offline Vroomvroom

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Moose outfitter
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2024, 09:02:55 PM »
I think mine is similar to a safarituff I see guys listing.  Here it’s so thick that you’d tear your arrows off a bow quiver, or a hill style quiver with exposed arrows.   I would like a hill style for stumping.  And I’d like the bow quiver for convenience. But realistically while walking slowly through thick woods and brush. It’s difficult enough carrying a bow through it, let alone if arrows were hanging off the bow or stuck up behind your head.   So with the safarituff type, the arrows are fully enclosed behind you. Rain proof. Brush can rake past without touching the arrows and easy to get an arrow out when needed out the side. But it’s a rigid pipe on your back. Hard to load back up when it’s on your back.  Can’t hold a lot of arrows like when stumping.  But for arrow protection it works well

Online DGW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2024, 10:35:26 PM »
Great Northern is the best I have used,  I always liked the Bighorn quiver G Fred sold for his Recurves back when I shot recurve a lot.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©