Author Topic: Advise on through knot in handle  (Read 5238 times)

Offline epage_backwards_hat

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Bowhunter - Woodsman
    • Backwards Hat Traditional Lifestyle on YouTube
Re: Advise on through knot in handle
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2024, 08:53:06 AM »
I've been using one of these for a few years and it works very well.   The hook doesn't rotate so I crimped an S hook onto it to allow 90 degrees of rotation.  Just depends on how you use it. 

It's no longer available on Amazon but probably can be found elsewhere.

Do you prefer it to a larger scale that’s on the tillering tree?
“Now therefore, take thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, go out to the field, and take some venison for me.” - Genesis 27:3

Offline Buemaker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2024, 09:24:49 AM »
I like one I can have on the tillering tree, I find it useful when shaping the bow and bringing it to full draw. I have been using the Hanson bowscale for many years. I have checked it against the digital scales and found it more than accurate enough for this use. It hangs much more stable on the string than the small digital ones. I have used the digital ones when measuring drawforce curves.

Offline epage_backwards_hat

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Bowhunter - Woodsman
    • Backwards Hat Traditional Lifestyle on YouTube
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2024, 02:48:34 PM »
Well gentlemen here she is! The finished bow and boy is it a shooter… fast and accurate 👍🏼 this bow took so little to no set thanks to diligent tiller and coming in at about 50lb.
Went for the rustic look on this one and sealed with tung oil. Thank you for following along with this success story everyone.
“Now therefore, take thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, go out to the field, and take some venison for me.” - Genesis 27:3

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©