3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Vairo Clipper feather shapes...?  (Read 323 times)

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
Vairo Clipper feather shapes...?
« on: May 19, 2008, 06:56:00 AM »
Hi all,

Well I'm wanting to change back from the Orca shape that I've been usen to something like the Banana cut.

On the Herb's site it shows the "Swing" and "Hunter"... has anyone used either of these shapes? If so please post away a pic or two. I'm looking at a 5" feather for my arrows with a good amount of helical.

Many thanks,

AK.
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Vairo Clipper feather shapes...?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 07:13:00 AM »
I have a 5.5" banana chopper that I use a 4" feather and I get a nice feather designe. If your getting the 6" banana chopper use a 5" feather.. I'll take a pic & post it later.

Offline laughing turtle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 02:51:00 PM »
I have the hunter cut and like it a great deal over other banana cutters like the Lil chopper.  Not as high of a profile and i can adjust the vario to cut a shorter banana and 4 fletch.

Offline Paul Mattson

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 07:54:00 PM »
I made this with the vario hunter cut.  I refer to it as a banana cut.  5" long.

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 11:07:00 PM »
Thanks for the pic Paul, so I take it you used the 5" hunter then?

Regards,

AK.
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline Paul Mattson

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 07:35:00 AM »
Yes, I use the 5" Hunter.  I have just about every LW 5" insert that Vario makes.

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 09:53:00 AM »
Al, here's the 4" hunter I use exclusively now:

Here's the 4" orca I played with:

Like the asthetics of the hunter better and the lower profile is definately quieter to my ears.

I'll send you some if you want to try them.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 01:51:00 PM »
Thanks JC for the offer. I used to shoot Banana fletched arrows all the time but went over to the Orca a year or so back. I like the shape of the Orca but found 'em a tad noisey, so I'm planning on leaving that shape for Trad shoots ... if I ever get to one sometime soon!

I'll just order a 5" Hunter and be done with it I think. Good to see you getting that splicing down and done cobber.

AK.

Offline J. Adams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 02:55:00 PM »
Al,
PM me your mailing address and I will ship you some 5" LW Sting feathers so you can fletch up a few arrows.
Josh
TGMM Family of the Bow

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it." - Thucydides

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©