Author Topic: Some curves.  (Read 959 times)

Offline Buemaker

• Trad Bowhunter
Some curves.
« on: April 20, 2024, 01:32:14 PM »
I am not saying bowyers name, but a German firm is testing these. Some serious hooks. :scared:
The bottom one is for sale and they are testing out the other.

Offline Mad Max

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Some curves.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2024, 02:39:12 PM »
I seen the website and they are using so High Tech. stuff in the whole limb. :thumbsup:
I like the more reflex off the fades than the original.
I would rather fail at something above my means, than to succeed at something  beneath my means  
}}}}===============>>

Online B-JS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2024, 03:15:04 PM »
The Corvo (the one on the bottom) is ready developed and in Testing at the Moment.
Not for Sale, before the Long-term Tests for durability are done.

The Ibis (the limb on Top) is in the last steps of Prototyping, very Close to going in the Tests.

Online Kirkll

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2024, 01:35:04 PM »
Can i safely assume these are carbon backed bows? I cant imagine keeping a string on something that radical using glass. :o :o
Big Foot Bows
Traditional Archery
[email protected]
http://bigfootbows.com/b/bows/

Online B-JS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2024, 01:45:03 PM »
Absolutely.
Carbon back and belly.

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2024, 12:18:56 PM »
McDave posted this over on Pow Wow on a thread about crackling noises with super curves. Maybe bad luck for McDave, but maybe some of these super curves are pushing the limits of what you can ask from a bow.  Anyone else hear of any trends with super curve bows failing?
Several people on the thread were attributing the noises to wax on the string, but McDave has examples of bows actually failing not just making crackling noises?

From McDave:
"I would pay attention to any strange noise I heard from a supercurve.  If I heard a strange noise, I would start checking the brace height and tiller each time I took the bow out to shoot it, and if I noticed any unexplained change in those, I would stop shooting the bow until it was inspected.

After shooting bows almost every day for more than 30 years, I have had only two bows blow up on me: one was an old dual shelf recurve that someone had given me, and the other was a less than 6 month old supercurve.  I have a good friend with as much experience shooting bows as I have, and he has had only two bows blow up on him: both  nearly new supercurves.  I was shooting with another friend this morning, and his nearly new supercurve blew up on him, which is the only time he has had a bow blow up on him, I think.

I don't know why this is happening, but I have to believe their are higher internal stresses in a supercurve than regular bows, and the safety margins are thinner than usual to cut down on the weight of the limbs and get the enhanced performance they are looking for."
« Last Edit: April 23, 2024, 12:30:40 PM by Burnsie »
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Online B-JS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2024, 01:55:49 PM »
One reason for very high Stress in a SuperCurve would BE having actual Letoff.
That is very hard Stress in the Recurves.

The other reason would BE, that Archers shoot them with GPP Like conventional Recurves.
A Superrecurve Stores, depending on Design and drawlength Something around 1.1 to 1.3 times the peak Draw Force.
Conventional bows usually store 0.8-1 times the peak Draw weight.

If you use GPP Like a conventional bow, the Stress is much Higher.
And therefore it is more likely to Break.

Online Kirkll

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2024, 03:56:36 PM »
One reason for very high Stress in a SuperCurve would BE having actual Letoff.
That is very hard Stress in the Recurves.

The other reason would BE, that Archers shoot them with GPP Like conventional Recurves.
A Superrecurve Stores, depending on Design and drawlength Something around 1.1 to 1.3 times the peak Draw Force.
Conventional bows usually store 0.8-1 times the peak Draw weight.

If you use GPP Like a conventional bow, the Stress is much Higher.
And therefore it is more likely to Break.

So what exactly are you saying here ?  These super hook bows need seriously heavy arrows?

I'm thinking the damage is being done during the draw cycle, not after the release... these double carbon bows typically shear on the belly side from the core.....And..... this is nothing new... Border has had double carbon bows blowing up for many years....I call them "Border bombs".... but..... they are time bombs.... ya never know when the'll let go.......check out their warranty carefully some time. These guys knowingly sell these things knowing a certain amount of them will blow up...They are playing the odds.... Good luck on those...You are going to need it.
Big Foot Bows
Traditional Archery
[email protected]
http://bigfootbows.com/b/bows/

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©