3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hill-Style Back Quiver  (Read 770 times)

Online Even

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Hill-Style Back Quiver
« on: May 03, 2024, 09:15:43 PM »
Does anyone have any good recommendations for a Hill-style back quiver, made of good leather, that won't completely break the bank? 

My current one is cheap, and dying rapidly :/   More width would be nice as well. 

I have no real interest in decoration, or extras, but I do want quality leather that will conform to my back. 

Online two4hooking

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hill-Style Back Quiver
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2024, 06:38:46 AM »
Quality leather is expensive. Don’t skimp especially if you want to hunt with it. I recommend Nate Steen of Sunset Hill bows but they are pricey but last a lifetime or two. If you hurry you can get one from Howard Hill archery before they retire. Really your best option is ebay for a used quality one. May even find one for sale at Baltimore Bowman in May.   Here is some information you may also find interesting.  https://traditionalknowhow.blogspot.com/2014/03/hunting-with-back-quiver.html?m=1

Online Even

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hill-Style Back Quiver
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2024, 06:07:17 PM »
Thank you for the reply... great article!   It is well written and matches my experience with a back quiver perfectly... except now I need a better one! 

Two people now have recommended Howard Hill archery, so I'll have to give them a call and see if they ship to Canada.  I assumed from a few posts, and lack of response to an email a while back, that they had folded operations, with Mr. Ekin retiring.   I'm glad to hear they are still a going concern for a bit longer. 

Thank you for the advice!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©