3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Gene Wensel’s new book will be available soon  (Read 3592 times)

Online Gene Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Gene Wensel’s new book will be available soon
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2024, 01:00:49 AM »
   I thought I better pipe up and relay book info that I can. My book is all written now. We are hoping it is out somewhere around New Years in multiple forms. We are now adding photos, checking pixels for best quality pictures, deciding how many will be full color, margins, fonts, paper weight options, photo spacing and size, soft cover vs. hard-cover options. I'm not even sure how many pages it will be yet. Quite a few! A lot of people under age 50 don't realize that I started writing magazine articles in 1972(?). Those 15-20 years of magazine articles are very hard to find now, so thousands of middle-aged people never got to read them. I updated some of my early writings, wrote some new material and included some of my more popular stuff. The "ETC." half of the book will be 15(?) chapters on moose, elk, bears, etc. Plus, a lot of personal stuff about life philosophies, opinions, beliefs, family values, grandparents, mentors, etc. A lot of people don't know that I did pre-teen kids lectures for kids aged 7-12. The first six years of any child's life is when they learn to walk, talk, what love of their parents is all about, living with siblings, learning fundamentals, etc. The 7-12 age bracket brings our youth to many forks in the road. If they choose the wrong friends, make poor choices, take dangerous risks, confuse right from wrong, play indoors full-time, have no real hobbies, watch too much TV or internet, etc. it can affect them in negative ways for the rest of their lives. I'm also going to have one chapter that would never get published in any mainstream magazine due to the potential of loss of advertisers. It needs to be said. I think you will be happy with this, most probably my last book at age 80 now. I'm still here playing in the woods with most of my marbles.

Offline Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2024, 04:53:44 PM »
Thanks for the update, hopefully it comes out in hard cover too since i want it to last a long time.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Online Bowsey Wails

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Timmy P
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2024, 07:23:27 PM »
Looking forward to it! :goldtooth:
"I use no device to direct my arrow towards its mark, save my eyes and my will." Anthony Camera, aka Viper.
I'm not old school, I'm one room school house.

Online Stykbow62

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2024, 04:04:43 PM »
Thanks for the update, Gene !  Looking forward to it !
Bob Lee Sig. Recurve 15" Riser 56@28"
Quinn Stallion Recurve 60@28"
Roland Jenkins Recurve 54@28"

Online Homey88

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2024, 09:41:57 PM »
Can’t wait for this!

Online jcprintz

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2024, 03:02:20 PM »
Thanks for the update Gene. I'm looking forward to reading it.
TGMM,Family of the Bow

Online MKane

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2024, 08:19:46 PM »
thanks for the update Gene,Im looking forward to it.I think I read my first article of yours in Bowhunter magazine back in the early 80's.I was fortunate enough to catch your classic whitetails seminar in the early 90's and one of Barry's boot camps 7 or 8 years ago.I've always found your material to be informative as well as entertaining.Thanks for all the shared knowledge as well as allowing us to tag along vicariously on some of your hunts.Best to you and Barry in the coming season.
Marty Kane

Online Sant-Ravenhill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2024, 04:03:31 PM »
I will definitely get a couple of copies.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©