3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New bow, New shoulder  (Read 408 times)

Offline goingoldskool

• Trad Bowhunter
New bow, New shoulder
« on: July 24, 2024, 09:27:38 AM »
Good morning!
Back in March  I went down to Nixa, Mo and ordered a new Black Widow KBX with spliced limbs and low Asbell grip. I was told 5-6 months which was what I was figuring, so no worries there!

Fast forward to June and I find out that I have several problems going on with my right shoulder... I shoot right handed.  I had severe arthritis granules along with a bone spur that was wrecking my rotator cuff everything I did anything overhead.  I'm an aircraft mechanic in the Missouri Air National Guard and just about everything is overhead!

On Wednesday,  17 July,  I get a phone call from the boys in Nixa saying my bow is finished!
Problem was,  my shoulder surgery was scheduled for the 18th!!!  I would have wanted to leave and head down right then as I'm not trusting any type of shipping companies right now, but my father was not doing wel (dementia) and wound up passing away Wednesday evening.

Surgery went well, or so they told my wife.  Jury is still out for  me. I start PT on Monday and then I'll get a better grasp on things. Maybe by next week I'll be ready for a road trip and get to lay eyes on my new bow? 

Thanks for following along...  I needed to vent.  This is my first surgery where something was replaced and I'm not convalescencing well. I'm used to be up and doing things.

Good luck, shoot straight and God bless,

Rodd
"NO GOD, NO PEACE-KNOW GOD, KNOW PEACE" side of a barn along I-70, eastern Kansas
                                             Rodd Boyer
Blk Widow PL-III
53#@28
Blk Widow PSR X
50#@28

Online Michpatriot

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: New bow, New shoulder
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2024, 10:36:00 AM »
Hope you heal up quick! I'd have to keep bows at someone else's house in order to heal. If you can swing it start with a very light draw weight that your Dr. approves of after you get back to that point in the healing\rebuilding.

Offline goingoldskool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2024, 10:41:47 AM »
Hope you heal up quick! I'd have to keep bows at someone else's house in order to heal. If you can swing it start with a very light draw weight that your Dr. approves of after you get back to that point in the healing\rebuilding.

I have a 25# fiberglass longbow and a 30# Bear Bearcat recurve that I got from an old army buddy.  Just the thought of laying eyes on the new bow and  not being able to shoot it is what's troubling me!
"NO GOD, NO PEACE-KNOW GOD, KNOW PEACE" side of a barn along I-70, eastern Kansas
                                             Rodd Boyer
Blk Widow PL-III
53#@28
Blk Widow PSR X
50#@28

Online Wudstix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Wood arrows & D/R Longbows Rule!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2024, 10:43:48 AM »
Talk to your Doc about "hanging" that was a big help for me after my Mt Bike Mis-adventure and shoulder abuse.  Take it very slow getting back, rushing can put you back.
 :campfire: :coffee: :archer2: :campfire:
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!!!" - Me

Psalms 121: 1-3 - King David

60" Big River 67#@28"              
60" MOAB D/R LB 62#@27"
60" Big River D/R LB 65#@27"
62" Kota Badlands LB 72#@28"
62" Howatt TD 62#@28
58” Bear Grizzly 70#@28”
62" Big River D/R LB 60#@30"
66" Moosejaw Razorback LB 60#@28"

"Memento Mori"
PBS - Associate Member
Retired DoD Civ 1985-2019

Offline rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2024, 11:15:48 AM »
Good luck and prayers for a speedy recovery!  I'm sorry for your loss with your Dad. That is always tough regardless of what kind of condition they were in before their passing. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Online Jim Wright

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2024, 11:44:16 AM »
Sorry for the way things are unfolding. I tore a rotator cuff when Covid initially blew up and out-patient surgery wasn't happening so I got a couple of months of PT then a "shoulder manipulation". my 29" draw went to 27" and Dan Toelke made me a beautiful 66" Classic Whip 34lbs @28" to replace the low/mid 50lb Super Ds I was shooting. I still have the Whip and it took a good while for me to work up to the mid 40lb Super D and Chinook that I'm shooting now. Hang in there and follow the instructions for rehab.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©