3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Now for your CRAZIEST Shot!  (Read 485 times)

Offline Pompano Joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Now for your CRAZIEST Shot!
« on: July 30, 2024, 09:32:08 AM »
After reading the most unbeleivable shot thread this morning, I was curious if crazy meant enough difference to highlight more all around amazing shot. Me, I shot a hog once while crossing a slough. Nothing crazy ya think?  Well, I was also started to fall over as I drew but I kept drawing, released as I crashed into a rotten limb from a downed tree in the slough.  Crazy? Getting there. 

The crazy part is that I never got to see where the arrow went, but I heard the pig 1st two squeals while I was under water!!!  Yes, I recovered the pig less than 25 yards from where it was standing.

Tell us some crazy's guys!~!

Offline Sam Spade

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Now for your CRAZIEST Shot!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2024, 09:59:53 AM »
I'm made a lot of really great shots in my lifetime, but nothing really crazy.  If so, it probably would be boarding compared to yours!!!  :archer:

Online Kirkll

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2024, 11:32:10 AM »
I think the craziest shot I ever made was shooting at a squirrel at the base of a tree.
Just as I dropped the string, the squirrel ran straight up the tree trunk. My arrow hit a round rock at the tree base and shot straight up the tree trunk impaling the squirrel end to end with a perfect Texas heart shot.  I called it the perfect bank shot :biglaugh: :biglaugh:
Big Foot Bows
Traditional Archery
[email protected]
http://bigfootbows.com/b/bows/

Offline Pompano Joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2024, 11:58:04 AM »
YES!!! THAT'S what I'm talking about!  :jumper:

Hey, I just found out that if you click on Attachments and other options below the box you type in, you can choose to be notified when someone posts on a thread. Took me about 3 years to figure that out.  :banghead:

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2024, 10:52:39 AM »
My craziest shot was also one of my 3 on the Most Unbelievable Shots thread. And it came complete with a blood tail..... starting on my face.

Great reads.....fun reading Mudd's since I was there...brought back great memories. One of my most unbelievable shots was on the previous pheasant hunt.  The revers cant leaning back pretzel shot on a pheasant.

Originally posted by Guru:

I may have made the longest shot of the hunt, but without a doubt Terry made the coolest shot!

This bird flushed straight up and decided to fly right over the line of shooters. Terry swung on the bird and waited till he cleared the other shooters and was directly above his head.

I mean he was twisted, leaning back, reverse canted, shooting directly over his head as the bird crossed about 20ft over his head...and he just hammered him in one of the most contorted positions I've ever seen!

As excited as I got over my shot, I think I carried on even more over the shot I'd just witnessed Terry just pulled off.....it was one of those you really needed to be there, to see it, to appreciate it...

•     
•     

Keep em coming....
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2024, 11:51:24 AM »
Back in the late 1970s I was walking out from a morning deer hunt. I saw a rooster pheasant in the grass next to the trail a few yards ahead of me and he slowly lowered down in the grass.
I couldn't see him so I got to the edge of the grass and just a couple steps forward, I could see him sitting on the ground.
Nocked an arrow and let fly.
I saw the arrow a couple feet past him but he didn't move.
Nocked another arrow and I noticed he had his head up rapidly looking around.
I  slowly walked up to him and his head fell down.
I thought I missed but I cut both upper wing bones and both thy bones. He couldn't move and I had pheasant for dinner.  :thumbsup:
It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

If you're afraid to offend, you can't be honest.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2024, 01:25:11 PM »
One of my craziest shots was actually 3 shots. I was hunting Victoria Bluff WMA near Bluffton SC back in the early 1980s. I was new to hunting and bow hunting and shooting a Shakespeare recurve I rescued from an boat storage shed that was going to be demolished. Sitting in a tree stand about 10' up on a fire break when I heard movement in the bushes to my right and then an 8pt came out about 10 yards in front of me with a wad of the bushes wrapped in his antlers. He stepped out into the fire break and stopped broadside. Shot #1 over his back and into a large pine next to him. He jumped a few yards...2nd shot right over his back. He jumped another few yards and the 3rd shot right over his back. He looked around then just walked away with the brush still in his antlers. I just looked around and went home.  :dunno:
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©