Author Topic: Wood allergies  (Read 1216 times)

Offline Birdbow76

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wood allergies
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2024, 11:47:10 AM »
You can get a steroid shot in the hip that will take care of allergies for about 6 months. It makes your system not overreact to allergens. I get one every spring and it's a game changer.

Online wood carver 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2024, 09:30:23 AM »
I’m waiting to get an appointment with an allergist. The steroid shot is something that I will ask about.
Dave.
" Vegetarian" another word for bad hunter.

Online dbeaver

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2024, 11:10:00 AM »
Hey guys just approaching this from perhaps a slightly different angle. And its just food for thought.

Allergies are an immune response and immune function is deeply tied to your quality of living, i.e. stressors of any kind including diet, other illness, sleep and mental load.  Theres no one thing at fault most often but a very complicated set of systems and interactions.  It might not be easy but can you think back on your general quality of health when these allergic responses began?  How have you been since otherwise, can diet or sleep be looked at, could total body inflammation be reduced to give the immune system a rest from being overreactive? these are some questions to think for yourselves.   My wife is a nutritionist(which has gained me some new perspective)  she has all sorts of extreme allergic reactions, but depending on the totality of circumstance and her ability to maintain wellness her reactions to known allergens will change.

Online Kirkll

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2024, 09:20:01 PM »
Hmmmmm..... "A nutritionist with all sorts of extreme allergic reactions...."   Does she have a degree in this field? or was it an acquired title?

I'm a firm believer in a good balanced diet, but i'm not big on vitamin supplements myself, but many folks swear by them.... :dunno:
Big Foot Bows
Traditional Archery
[email protected]
http://bigfootbows.com/b/bows/

Online dbeaver

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2024, 09:31:46 PM »
her lifetime battle with allergies and eczema has driven her to this profession. shes credentialed with a degree and is board certified with the NANP, just completing required 500 hours with accredited mentorship cohort.  Its as much physcial and chemical mechanics taking place inside of our complex biological system just like the physics in the bows we build, and theres a balance in optimizing them just the same.  You be surprised as i see you assume nutrition is a field of supplements.  The old lady's preferred angle of approach is through eating animal based proteins and fats, as wild as you can get, to maintain the benefits of fat stored vitamins which metabolize far better and without loss than the supplements often found in plant formats that must be converted. I know this is an allergies post but i stand by there being nuance to inflammation attacks.

Online Kirkll

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2024, 10:17:12 PM »
her lifetime battle with allergies and eczema has driven her to this profession. shes credentialed with a degree and is board certified with the NANP, just completing required 500 hours with accredited mentorship cohort.  Its as much physcial and chemical mechanics taking place inside of our complex biological system just like the physics in the bows we build, and theres a balance in optimizing them just the same.  You be surprised as i see you assume nutrition is a field of supplements.  The old lady's preferred angle of approach is through eating animal based proteins and fats, as wild as you can get, to maintain the benefits of fat stored vitamins which metabolize far better and without loss than the supplements often found in plant formats that must be converted. I know this is an allergies post but i stand by there being nuance to inflammation attacks.

Excellent info... Trust me... I assume nothing in life my friend.... I ask questions and learn. My daughter is a practicing doctor in Psychology. 10 years of schooling and residency before getting licensed. So to say i'm open minded would be an understatement.   Our bodies are unbelievably  complex organisms with  different physiological and psychological characteristics depending on the individual. I highly respect the studies of both.... I'm just a stupid old carpenter / bowyer myself.    Kirk
Big Foot Bows
Traditional Archery
[email protected]
http://bigfootbows.com/b/bows/

Online wood carver 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2024, 07:18:14 AM »
Thanks for your input guys. What you both just wrote rings true with me and is a big reason why I get into arguments with my doctor. She acts as though everyone came off a production line and we’re all the same. Fortunately, I rarely see her. When I get an appointment at the clinic, I usually see a registered nurse, who I like a lot more. She treats patients as individuals and listens to what I say.
I have an appointment with an allergist in a few days. Hopefully he’ll work with me to find a solution.
Dave.
" Vegetarian" another word for bad hunter.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Mike Yancey and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©