INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: NYSDEC, Printer Paper Licenses!!??  (Read 684 times)

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
NYSDEC, Printer Paper Licenses!!??
« on: August 07, 2024, 12:49:57 PM »
My son Tyler got his lifetime license tags in the mail yesterday...

THEY'RE ON PRINTER PAPER!!!! Every year we open his tags and the question is, "I wonder what color they are this year?" Just been a fun little guessing game... This year we were WTF? surprised to find that they were printed out on plan white computer paper? Apparently this was announced back in February? Well, we missed it!!

According to the paperwork enclosed, the DEC says that this will "make it easier for sportsmen to buy licenses, and promote more future sportsmen to our ranks" WELL? I don't know about that...
It also claims that it will "reduce our carbon footprint".... Hmmmm???  Maybe...

What I do see, is the opportunity for NYS to make money... IN FINES!!!
It is the hunter's responsability to ensure the license and tags remain dry and legible...
It is the hunters responsabilty to fill out their carcass tag immediatly after kill...
(Try this while  filling  out a tag in the rain or snow with wet hands!! Ever try to write on a wet piece of paper?)
You can tag your deer AFTER you reach a house, camp, or transportation... Gee THANKS!
But it's still your responsability to ensure the tag stays dry, legible, and attached!!
(Good luck driving 50MPH down the highway!!)

What I do see... Is the opportunity for game theft violations. LOTS of them!!!!
What the NYSDEC has done is give a license to anyone with a printer, the ability to kill AND TAG, as many deer as they want to!! Hunters are required to report their harvests, and most hunters do! (at least the ethical ones)
BUT, If you don't report it.....

If you kill a nice buck early in the season... Just print another tag! Maybe you'll see a bigger one?
Filled your DMP tag... That's OK! Just print another one... "I'm not done hunting, I still have tags!!"  :readit:

The NYSDEC has never ceased to amaze me.... But this one leaves me dumbfounded  :o
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©