3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New All Bocote Beeler LB-Pics  (Read 255 times)

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
New All Bocote Beeler LB-Pics
« on: May 21, 2008, 12:17:00 PM »
I recently got my new Dave Beeler all Bocote LB and had to share it. Dave really built me a fine bow. She is all Bocote, with Actionwood limb cores. I am a grain freak and I couldn't be happier with the wood Dave used. She is 60" and draws 52@26. Riser and tip overlays. She is a shooter to boot. Fast, quiet and shoots where I look. I love this bow, and by the end of the first shooting session I knew she was my go-to bow. It's been a few weeks and I don't want to pick-up another bow when I shoot. My hats off to Dave for making me this beautiful, great shooting bow. Thanks, Dave! Shooting in the pics are at 20 yards. My pics aren't that good since I lost my best camera, but I couldn't wait for a new one.

"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: New All Bocote Beeler LB-Pics
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 12:30:00 PM »
That is a fine looking bow, love the lines!!!

Congrats!!

could i get some contact info for Mr. Beeler?

Thanks
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 12:47:00 PM »
Daves email address is: [email protected]. You'll find Dave to be a great guy to deal with.
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 01:49:00 PM »
Dave Beeler makes some of the coolest bows, and brother do they shoot!!!!!  :wavey:
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Dave Beeler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 05:39:00 PM »
Hey Dan, I am glad you like the bow, be sure and send me a pic. with you, the bow, and the first critter you get with it. Dave

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 06:10:00 PM »
I've been really tempted to Blood it for the first time on a Woodchuck that lives near where I put my targets in the woods. He has a trail right next to my target. If I hear him coming and stand still, he walks right next to the target, then stands and looks around, just about leaning on it. One evening I was pulling arrows when I heard him. He walked right up about four feet from me, stopped, and looked me right in the eye, totally unconcerned. He then would walk a few feet, stand and look around, and move on. I thought about keeping a broadhead at hand, but it wouldn't be hunting. I can't use the meat with no refridgeration. I won't kill him just for fun. It's also possible he's seen me shoot and that explains his total unconcern! LOL! The UPS man just brought me a new Delta Riverbottom Buck 3-D target, but there's something wrong with it, it has no holes in it yet! So I'm off to fix that by sticking a few arrows in him with my Purty new Beeler. Later!!

Offline Oliverstacy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 07:07:00 PM »
Bacote is one of my favorite woods...I have a Kota with a Bacote handle and love the grain structure it has.  

The limbs on that bow of yours are amazing...love the look of Bacote limbs.

Next bow will have a lot of Bacote or Tulip wood in it.

Josh
Custom Flemish Strings by Oliverstacy!  
Kanati 60" 57@29"
AP Cumberland 66" 58@29"
WhisperStik KajikaStik 56" Recurve with Canebrakes...57@28"
WhisperStik KajikaStik aka "Wormy" RC & LB,both 55@29"
Martin Savannah 50@28"
Kota Kill-um 55@28"

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 08:34:00 PM »
Those Bocote limbs are beautiful. I don't have pics to do them justice, but here are a few to give an idea. The first are during construction, the others are on the deck of my sailboat. As you can see I'm wearing my "Teak" stalking shoes! They are also practical in that they serve as a natural camo pattern.

Offline Keith361

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 08:39:00 PM »
Ohh...my... That right there is one pretty bow!

Keith
"If there must be trouble then let it be in my day, that my children may live in peace."   Thomas Paine
"Courage is being scared to death, but saddeling up anyway"
John Wayne

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©