Author Topic: The passing of another archery great  (Read 608 times)

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
The passing of another archery great
« on: August 21, 2024, 01:07:05 PM »
 After many years of "passing on the knowledge" of many of the great wood bow archers and primitive skills practitioners the owners of Primitive Archer Magazine is closing it's doors. This also means the PA forum will be closing down. I've been a subscriber to PA Magazine since before the first issue came out and a member, moderator and administrator of the PA forum for many years. It saddens me to know PA will no longer be. Many of the friends I've accumulated over the years I met through Primitive Archer.
 I'd like to thank Monroe Luther and his daughter Marie for keeping PA going for as long as it has. Unfortunately, the pandemic and financial decline after the pandemic took a great toll on Primitive Archer Magazine.
 So, if any members on Trad Gang are also a member of the PA family please let Monroe and Marie know how much you appreciate Primitive Archer Magazine and Monroe and Marie for keeping it going for so long. It amazes me how long this little, family owned magazine has been successful; over 30 years now I believe. It saddens me to think that Primitive Archer will be no more but I appreciate all the friends I have made and the knowledge I've accumulated over the years through Primitive Archer.
Thank you Primitive Archer for all you have done for "primitive archery" and traditional archery in general.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: The passing of another archery great
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2024, 03:31:51 PM »
The Forum as well - Dang!
A lot of helpful people and information on the Forum - that will be missed.
I guess I can stop trying to get registered- been trying for some time.
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline Buemaker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2024, 04:26:19 PM »
That is sad. I was really glad to read especially the first issues. I wonder if the owners could let the forum stay on the net just as a knowledge base.

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2024, 08:26:03 PM »
Bue, I don't know how all that works. It would be a shame to loose all of the information amassed over the past 30 years.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online ozarkcherrybow1

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2024, 09:18:19 PM »
Sad news for sure. I always enjoyed the bow of the month articles.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2024, 07:38:10 AM »
Very sad news there...

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2024, 01:41:32 PM »
There are conversations between Primitive Archer and folks to see if and how the forum can continue. Seems pretty complicated to me but I don't understand that kind of stuff anyway. Hopefully it can and will happen but I guess we'll have to wait and see.  :dunno:
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©