3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: lets do the math....  (Read 169 times)

Offline Brack Shooter 32

• Trad Bowhunter
lets do the math....
« on: May 21, 2008, 08:26:00 PM »
starting with a 32 inch easton axis 400 arrow with a 200 grain tip shot from a 56# recurve that has been bareshafted and flies perfect...I am trying to calculate out if I need a 29 inch arrow how many grains of point weight would I need to increase from the 200 grain tip per inch as it is cut down to 29 inches?

Is there a formula for this or is it? Just sitting here thinking about it and it got me wondering if there was a chart or something out there that mapped this stuff out...
Go Terps

Offline dan ferguson

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: lets do the math....
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 10:32:00 PM »
I shoot 400,s out of a 60# longbow mine are cut to 28 3/4 bop 245 up frount, fly great, My bow is not cut to center, this should work good in your bow

Offline alligatordond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 10:54:00 PM »
Why do you want to cut it down if it flies perfectly? Too long of an arrow is seldom a problem. Too short is. I shoot a 28" arrow though my draw is only 24. Leave it alone unless you have a very good reason to cut it down 3 inches.

There are some formulas regarding spine and how tip weight and excess length affect spine but they are guestimates at best as shooting style,(cant or vertical), type of bow(centershot or not)will have a bearing also.

Getting perfect arrow flight can be difficult. If you have it now,leave it alone and be happy.

Go Noles
DonD

Offline Widowbender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 11:07:00 PM »
If it flies perfect now and you cut off three inches,  you are probably looking at adding 100 grains or more  to get it back. I shoot 400 spine beman ICS out of a 60# widow and ended up with 265 grains in point and insert on a 29.5" shaft. If it were mine and it was flying great, I would'nt cut them down.

David
David

>>>>--TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow-->

Chatham County Chapter NWTF
Chapel Hill Friends of NRA

Online black velvet

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 02:53:00 PM »
If it flies great why cut it? Look at it this way, you are 3 inches closer to your intended target.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©