3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Opinion on climbing sticks  (Read 124 times)

Online Jock Whisky

• Trad Bowhunter
Opinion on climbing sticks
« on: September 22, 2024, 10:33:26 PM »
I'm looking at a set of climbing sticks. These Hawk Helium steps look interesting. Does anyone have any experience with them? Opinions?
Old doesn't start until you hit three figures...and then it's negotiable

Online LookMomNoSights

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Opinion on climbing sticks
« Reply #1 on: Today at 10:04:55 AM »
I do not own these myself.   Though they are light and work well on the tree from research and reviews,  I did not buy them for a few reasons: 1 being endless complaints about the piece that allows them to nest into each other for transport and storage,  breaking.  Secondly,  they are not made in USA (when there are several sticks out there that ARE made in the USA).
Look at NOVIX.   These are made in here in the states and the quality to tops.  Customer service is also tops.  A tab bit more coin,  but in my opinion,  100% worth it!

Online JakeD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: Today at 12:05:38 PM »
I have owned the hawk helium climbing sticks.  They were not bad, but not exactly what I wanted.   I ended up getting the XOP X2 sticks.  I am extremely pleased with them.  They will bite into a tree unlike any other sticks I've ever used.  And they come at a decent price.  I think they are $180 for a 4 pack.  They also nest together very nicely, and pack very well too.
Black Widow PCH V 56" 52@28

Online Michael Guran

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:47:10 PM »
I have the Helium sticks and think they’re fine. They’re fairly lightweight and easy to set up. They are my first lightweight sticks, so I don’t really have anything to compare them to. I don’t do much hang and hunt/remove the same day style hunting.  When I hunt that way I’m normally on the ground. Right now the sticks are on a stand that will be left out most of the season.  My suggestion would be to talk to some hardcore hunt n hang guys that really use them as intended

Users currently browsing this topic:

1Trapper, Kodiak Fan, J. Cook, Jim Brennen, Flingblade, F.G., Jock Whisky, BO-R, Even and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©