3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: String Silencer Heterodyning  (Read 539 times)

Offline TradDad92

• Trad Bowhunter
String Silencer Heterodyning
« on: October 04, 2024, 08:36:14 AM »
Well I can now say that Heterodyning for string silencers definitely works. My 64" Mesa was god-awful loud when I first got it (possibly also worsened by having a fast flight string on it). I got to practice for the first time in about a month last evening, and the first time with string silencers put on. On my 61" string I put the lower silencer at 20" and the top silencer at 15", and it is an absolute night and day difference. I was a little skeptical at first about how well this would work, but its dead quiet now and I am super pleased. I did put on my bow quiver at the same time as the silencers so that may have helped dampen some vibrations as well. Just wanted to post for anyone else who may be curious about it, Its definitely a good option!

Offline blacktailbob

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
    • Island Graphics Inc.
Re: String Silencer Heterodyning
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2024, 09:42:42 AM »
Exactly why I like cat whiskers. So easy to slide up or down to find the sweet spots. And every bow is a little different.
[email protected]

Islandgraphicsfl.com

Online Maclean

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2024, 08:45:35 PM »
If you want to know if the silencer spacing works, take that bow quiver off and see how it sounds. In my experience, a bow quiver is the best silencer ever invented.
Toelke Chinook 58" 52@28
Toelke Pika 54" 50@28
Toelke Whip 64" 42@28
Java Man Elkheart Magnum 52" 48@28
Centaur Longbow 60" 50@28
Black Widow PL III 62" 53@28

Idaho Traditional Bowhunters
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters and Anglers

Offline TradDad92

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2024, 09:10:09 PM »
Yeah I might have to see how it is without the quiver on. It’s basically one big damper strapped to the limbs so you’re probably right about a quiver helping a good deal. The quiver by itself didnt seem to make a ton of difference on my sage though, but I guess that could just be due different bows having different characteristics, etc.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©