3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Fred Bear and pods??  (Read 561 times)

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Fred Bear and pods??
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2008, 01:45:00 PM »
Dr Herrington, Jackson MS...now deceased. Following is a quote from Mississippi Wildlife Forums...

"Yes. Dr. Herrington (deceased) was the innovator of the sporting use of SCC. I knew him quite a few years ago as he allowed the MBA the use of his Ross Barnett boat ramp for our annual bowfishing tournaments. It was Fred Bear who actually "patented" the pod....but I'm sure it was the Dr. who had the original concept.

I'm sure that you know that Fred patented literally hundreds of products (including the bow quiver) but he never charged a royalty for another company to market the same product. Bear's marketing scheme was always to expand the sport to the masses...knowing that Bear Archery would prosper in that growth.

As far as the first pods origin, I hate to admit it, but I remember using rubber ballon pods in 1973...and I didn't think of them as a new invention at that time. I don't know when the concept started to take hold; but I would guess in the mid to late 60's."
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©