3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Schafer Silvertip limbs with carbon  (Read 207 times)

Online PHo

• Trad Bowhunter
Schafer Silvertip limbs with carbon
« on: October 23, 2024, 09:31:39 AM »
I’m on the waitlist for a Schafer Silvertip takedown recurve and I’m going back and forth between wanting to get limbs with the carbon layup or just going old school with no carbon. I’ve heard from some credible sources that due to the efficient design of the Silvertip limbs the difference in speed is very small. For all of you who have owned both limb versions can you post your thoughts? And also, feel free to post pics of your Silvertips, much appreciated!

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Schafer Silvertip limbs with carbon
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2024, 10:11:21 AM »
I always thought when they started putting carbon in limbs it was for more stability/stronger limb design. A little or more speed was just a bonus.

Online PHo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2024, 01:52:17 PM »
Dave told me that as well. The carbon upgrade is an extra $300, and considering that there are plenty of bows without carbon in them that are still shooting very well I just wanted to gather opinions before committing.

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2024, 05:39:56 PM »
Same thoughts I had when I was considering a new BW. Their answer was basically the same, stability not so much an increase in speed. So it came down to aesthetics in my case. I decided to stay with the laminations that matched the riser. I am not disappointed in my choice. Now if I had selected a riser like the greybark with all black accents then the carbon would have appealed to me.

Users currently browsing this topic:

highcountry, Ulysseys, PHo, Tom and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©