3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Windwalker bows  (Read 729 times)

Offline john4645

• Trad Bowhunter
Windwalker bows
« on: May 22, 2008, 07:22:00 PM »
Does anybody remember these, they were kits but I think you could get a finished one also. Anybody got one? show a pic, how does it shoot?

Offline AkDan

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Windwalker bows
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 08:51:00 PM »
havent heard this name in a lot of years.  I remember them and had a friend who tried finishing one.  Didnt come out the greatest but shot fine.  

There was another fella in wyoming MN building and selling.  Think the last name was mcann? Made an all graphite longbow and a few other self bows...was into primitive gear.

Also another fella in Shakopee building selfbows.

Dunno if either of these guys are around or not...sorry for the jabber, more useless info I for some reason cant forget  ;)

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 09:25:00 PM »
I have one somewhere in my basement. I started work on it and had it messed up so bad I just quit working on it. Never did shoot it. Hap

Online stagetek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 11:01:00 PM »
I have one of the brothers custom made ones. Nice looking bow, good shooter. 62", and 55# @ 30". The only thing I didn't like, the shelf was quite high compared to my Bighorn, and the early (pre Darton) Pittsley Predator.

Offline john4645

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 05:48:00 AM »
The reason I ask was I had one. I guy was asking about limbs for one around a camp fire at a shoot, and I said I have a bow. I sold it. Kinda wish I did'nt but thats ok. I bought it as a kit and it would have been the first recurve but I did not finish it for years, until I was already shooting a longbow. I don't even remember how it shot. The guy was happy with the job I did though. Funny story I went to a game fair and the guy that sells King of the Mountain wool clothes was there and he had a rack of asbell big horns, now never hearing of these at the time and just seeing a big riser bow I said to my friend " hey look a bunch of Windwalkers" boy did that guy get upset.

Offline Biblethumpincop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 12:37:00 AM »
My dad and I each made a bow from the Yukon kit.  Walnut riser with clear glass limbs and an ash strip in the riser.  I shot my elk in 2001 with it.  Unfortunately, we both blew limbtips several years ago, even though we put limb tips on them.  My dad has since converted his riser to accept ILF limbs.  I think I'll have longer limbs made for mine by someone so that it is a 64 inch bow.  Unless someone has a set they want to get rid of.

Offline Whitetail Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 12:57:00 AM »
I made one in '96 or '97.  Ash riser with brown glass limbs. Ended up killing a deer with it.  Put it to rest after that.  Still have it under the bed.  It was a good shooter, but I learned quickly that I was not going become a professional bow finisher.

Brett
50# MAX Widow
54# Sapphire Hawk
53# Schafer Silvertip TD
45# Hill Country Bobcat

Offline Missing Impossible

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 06:17:00 PM »
Longbowben gave me one of these as a kit several years back and it came out great.  I still have and shoot it, pretty fast.  Don't know if they're still in business.

Online stagetek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 10:01:00 PM »
I have one. A great bow. No idea how to post pics here. Posted pics on the other site a few months ago. I think they came from Sartell MN. Black walnut risers...good shooting bows.

Offline Biblethumpincop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 10:29:00 PM »
They are no longer in business.  Yes, pretty speedy for a dacron bow.  I shot a medium weight carbon back then with 55# and it was 190 fps.  My bow wasn't as pretty as Dads, but I shot it well.  Too bad it broke, although I don't know if my 31.5" draw would feel to good with that 60" bow.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©