3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: a pair of ACS CX  (Read 553 times)

Offline gilf

• Trad Bowhunter
a pair of ACS CX
« on: May 23, 2008, 06:11:00 AM »
Time for me to reveal my wife and my new bows.

I went on the A&H waiting list about a year ago, at the time I hadn't shot an ACS but the list was so long I figured I'd have time to try one at some point before my number came up. I did as I got the chance to buy one (not easy being in the UK) and man was it a great bow.

My number finally came up in January but given I had already got one I offered the chance to my wife (who at the point was shooting a Border), she wasn't sure so said to put her on the list and I could get my bow now. However rather than being robots the guys at A&H noticed my wifes contact details were the same as mine and contacted her to offer to build hers at the same time so we could save on shipping (again being in the UK made that a little more expensive). She took that chance and ordered at the same time.

Took the required 4 months but the bows arrived a few weeks ago, mine 45# in Zebra wood and my wifes  41# in Cocobolo, we made a slight error in calculation in poundage for my wifes bow, what she  really wanted was 36# at 28" but we put down 36# at her shorter draw of 25", however she is more than comfortable with the power as the bow is so smooth.

We both love the bows and can't say thank you enough to the guys at A&H for all their help and giving Wendy a little leg up the list (we don't feel too bad about that but were initially worried, however there is no waiting list now).

Only problem now is they have just given details of a new one piece and recurve, another waiting list to get on I fear      :D    

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: a pair of ACS CX
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 06:14:00 AM »
Beauties, but you may want to edit your title, no "man law" is allowed in titles anymore.

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 06:17:00 AM »
Nice bows. I wish I could get my wife away from the T.V. and shooting with me.
Brian
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline gilf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 10:46:00 AM »
Originally posted by Danny Rowan:
Beauties, but you may want to edit your title, no "man law" is allowed in titles anymore.

Danny
Apologies, must have missed that post. As somebody from the UK never really got the reference but it seemed to me it was literally required when introducing a new bow, thanks to whoever it was who edited the title.

Brian - It's great having a wife who is in to Archery as much as I am. Means I don't get told off when I spend money on a new bow, only problem is I have to buy her one also    ;)

Offline Firstarrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 12:20:00 PM »
congrats on both the bows & better half.

My wife doesn't shoot , but 5 of my 7 kids shoot. I still have hope that she will when the baby is old enough.

I'm green w/envy!
Being first, making a mark and being part of
something great!
Rich

May you keep the wind to your nose, have the patience of Job, and have your Firstarrow fly true.

Offline BrianH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 07:09:00 PM »
horatio1226,  I am with you on that one, I have tried multiple times to get my wife into shooting,without success.  I have pretty much given up on that.  Both my daughters shoot, but less and less now that they are entering their teens and so busy with all their other activities.

Offline MountainTool21

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 07:25:00 PM »
Gilf  good on both you and your better half. the ACS CX bows are amazing.

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 07:55:00 PM »
Congrats on your bows and great wood choices!
Here's mine:

Love how smooth and quiet they are.

Offline stykshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 08:10:00 PM »
Great bows got mine today, whisper quiet and no hand shock even 65@28.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©