3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tragic News about Golden Hawk  (Read 2669 times)

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tragic News about Golden Hawk
« Reply #100 on: May 24, 2008, 01:33:00 AM »
Horrible news.   :(  

I'd never met him but had swapped some goodies and a bunch of PM's...sad news indeed.
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Offline 702plmo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: May 24, 2008, 01:48:00 AM »
This news is very sad.  I met Leroy last year at cloverdale.  I have bought a few items off from him in the past and traded some items too.  
   Some time back I was wanting to try some 4 inch bananna feathers .  He PM'ed me and offered to chop some for me.  He done it for free and would not take any money for his services.   When I shipped my full length feathers to him I slipped in a whole bunch of shield cuts and told him to keep them.   He was good people and a great person to deal with.
   It is very sad that life gets soo bad that it has to come to this.   No one will never know what he was thinking.   I hope his family pulls through this situation.    
    Prayers sent for Leroy and his family.  

Leroy,  you will be sadly missed.
No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline wislnwings

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: May 24, 2008, 02:02:00 AM »
We'll keep him and his family in our prayers.

Offline coaltroll

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: May 24, 2008, 02:46:00 AM »
Prayers for the family. Such a tragic loss for the family and friends.

Offline suttoman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2008, 03:29:00 AM »
I feel very sad and sorry for you all loosing somebody like this who is close to so many in your bowhunting fraternity - and under such desperately sad circumstances.

One often wonders in times like this if any signs could have been detected or if anybody could have helped.  What drives a man to do such a desperate thing - only God and eternity can reveal.

Blessings to the family and those who suffer at this time - Sutto
One hour of life, crowded to the full with glorious action .... is worth whole years of those mean observances of paltry decorum, in which men steal through existence, like sluggish waters through a marsh, without either honor or observation

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2008, 03:50:00 AM »
im shocked, speechless i am so sorry for your lost Leroy was a great guy, very sad news.
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: May 24, 2008, 04:04:00 AM »
I won one of his strings at Shawn's bunny hunt, when I spoke with him on the phone he was very friendly and trusted my word that I had indeed won one of his string's and didn't want me to bother sending in the card for proof. This news makes me very sad, prayers sent out for him and his family.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline sleepyhollow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: May 24, 2008, 05:10:00 AM »
Tears shed for a member of our family, prayers for Leroy and his family.

Offline DBerrard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: May 24, 2008, 05:36:00 AM »
My sincere condolences to the family.

Regards,
  Dave
David

~Kanati Klassic~ 50@26"

Offline LEOPARD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: May 24, 2008, 06:19:00 AM »
Very sad news! I'm very sorry to hear this! LeRoy was a great guy and a pleasure to deal with! He will be missed! Prayers and thoughts for his family!
Nigel Ivy

"The more I practice, the luckier I get...."

Offline Bowferd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: May 24, 2008, 06:22:00 AM »
I've had some time to think about this, and you just done pissed me off LeRoy.
5 O'clock in the morning and here I sit, thinking about what a fool thing you done.
I'm sighning off on this one and I'm not coming back again.
Been There, Done That, Still Plowin.
Cane and Magnolia tend to make good arrow.
Hike naked in the backwoods.

Offline goodolboy94

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: May 24, 2008, 06:45:00 AM »
prayers from mo
every mourn brought forth a noble chance, and every chance brought forth a noble knight-wiston churchhill

Offline reecool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: May 24, 2008, 07:07:00 AM »
Really sad to learn the lost of a "brother" , it's how i call me the first time we talk each other and remember saying to myself "What a great place , that Trad Gang familly "
Deep thought to Leroy and is familly , it was a pleasure to talk to him .
 Eric .

Offline 2-BIG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: May 24, 2008, 07:20:00 AM »
Very sad news. Too often there are no signs of what is to come and that is the hard part for friends and family, I know and I have dealt with this too many times. I will say a prayer for Leroy's friends and family and know that he hurts no longer.  :(
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline BANNOCK-.PT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: May 24, 2008, 07:56:00 AM »
I talked to Leroy a few times on the phone and he made a few strings for me. All of excellent quality. Recently, one of the strings I ordered didn't fit a bow I had ordered it for, Leroy called me and told me he was shipping me one that would fit. Remember, I guessed as to the size string my new bow would need and I ordered the wrong size, and this nice man was sending me out a new string and didn't want anything in return. Told me to hold onto the other string that I may need it someday. Speaks volumes as to his character. Once  I was in the basement on the phone talking to him and when I was done with my call my wife said she could hear me laughing all the way upstairs. Being new to traditional archery as I am, Leroy was  always giving me lots of advice and he always talked to me such a down to earth style that would crack me up. He told me what was what and what he thought was guff and I appreciated it. I will miss talking to him and his great strings. Prayers sent.
Live every day like it's your last and one day you'll be right!

Offline twotimer

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: May 24, 2008, 07:56:00 AM »
terrible new'si only talked to leroy once but that was enough to know that i would have liked him and called him friend.prayers and thoughts for him and his family in these trying times.robert
'TGMM FAMILY of THE BOW"at 211 degrees water is hot.at 212 it boils and cause's steam,which can run a locomotive.is it worth that one extra ounce of effort to finish first,the difference between good and great?

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: May 24, 2008, 08:00:00 AM »
I am shocked by this tragic news. Prayers sent for Leroy and his family.
Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline UKarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: May 24, 2008, 08:32:00 AM »
I never got to know Leroy like some of you did. But that doesn't matter. What matters is one the family has gone and no matter why or how, it is a sad loss to all of us.
My prayers go up for his family and all his friends.

Offline Jim Boettcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: May 24, 2008, 08:33:00 AM »
Prayers to the family. I pray also that you find peace Leroy. Jim

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: May 24, 2008, 08:33:00 AM »
Oh dear Lord....what terrible, tragic news. I am without words. Multiple deals and conversations with him, was always a joy to speak with. As others have said, he's already missed. My deepest sympathy to his family and friends. Prayers that God will grant you the peace that you so greatly need.

And just in case there are others out there in whatever unspeakable agony LeRoy was in who read this thread, please...please...seek out help, find someone to talk to about it, you have people who love you and care for you...and that is worth living for no matter how bad it gets.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©