3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: One Piece Recurves  (Read 341 times)

Offline Interseptor

• Trad Bowhunter
One Piece Recurves
« on: May 25, 2008, 12:23:00 AM »
Need some feedback on the Whisper Stick, Acadian Woods, and Great Northern Recurves.  In your opion, which one shoots best.  Are any of these cut to center?
Palmetto Traditional Bowhunters
Carolina Traditional Archers

Offline KY..Rob

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: One Piece Recurves
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 12:41:00 AM »
I own the Acadian Woods 1pc Reflex great bows IMHO smooth on the draw and stealthy quiet with plenty of zip behind it, and it is cut a little past center with a grooved and ridged shelf.

The Whisperstik seems to be the cat's meow right now, I hear nothing but great things about them hope I get a chance to shoot one at cloverdale.

Rob

Offline pete p

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 06:19:00 AM »
all good bows there. i shoot a 56" whisperstik right now and i have never been so pleased with a bow as i am with this one. it draws as smooth as my 60" bows. as fast as anything i have shot, smooth, quiet and damn nice to look at. i walk around the house just carrying the thing....wife thinks im losing it.

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 06:22:00 AM »
Great Northern Super Ghost> Small and light, shoots where you point it. Throws my heavy arrows well.
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 06:47:00 AM »
I'm a longbow shooter.  The GN Ghost is the closest feel to a longbow in a recurve.  Like Biggie said small, light, and plenty fast.  I don't even know I'm carring a recurve when I hunt with it...Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Kevin L.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 07:15:00 AM »
I own an Acadian Woods and a 56" Whisperstik. I used to have a GN Ghost, but traded it. All three are great bows, but the Whisperstik feels and shoots better for me. Like Pete, this little bow draws smooooth and pack a heck of a punch. I draw mine to 55# or so and shoot 600+gr arrows and it's quick! Plus, it's a stunner when it comes to looks.
Appalachian LB 66"57@26
Appalachian LB 68" 60@28
Appalachian Flatbow 64" 56@28
Appalachian Archery RC 58"62@28
Bighorn LB 68" 57@28
HH Wesley LB 66" 53@27
HH Cheetah LB 66" 52@26
Saxon American RC 58" 60@28

Offline Interseptor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 11:45:00 AM »
Is the Super Ghost cut to center?  I also noticed that the Whisper Stick is a little cheeper in price.  All of this is helping me make up my mind.
Palmetto Traditional Bowhunters
Carolina Traditional Archers

Offline the elf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 01:10:00 PM »
I have the SUPER GHOST--and yes it is cut to center.All I can say is wow-- fit and finish are perfect--it is very light to carry --no hand shock--very quiet--fast---mine is hickory with a rosewood riser----------which matches my FIREBALL--same length same poundage same specs. 58@28--or at my draw [email protected] have a hard time choosing which one to use.---------ELF.

Online Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 08:36:00 AM »
Haven't shot a Whisperstick, but have an Acadian Woods and Great Northern.  All good bows.  However, like Dock, I prefer the standard Ghost because it's closest to my longbows in feel, except for speed, of course.  It's quite a bit faster.  It's the only recurve I have in my stable.

Offline Froggy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 08:47:00 AM »
Doug,
 If you ever get close to Athens, Ga. You are welcome to shoot my Whisperstik 58" Mojo. It is a thumper. very quiet, points and shoots to the spot... this one is Cocobolo w/ osage flare in the riser. And Cocobolo limb veneers. I would recommend it...... Froggy
TGMM  >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Offline leon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 09:22:00 AM »
All are nice bows but I like my Acadia Woods Classic. Leon
61# Acadian Woods Classic

58# Saxon American

Offline Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2008, 11:20:00 AM »
Those are all 1st rate choices.I had 2 60 inch superghosts,a 62 inch Whisperstick and just got a somewhat newer 62 inch Acadian Custom Classic.

I like em all alot and think its pretty close to a tossup.All are smooth, quiet and well made.

This (newer) Acadien is very smooth and the grip is very well done and I get good arrow flight with it.Its also very quiet and pleasant to shoot.No handsomer looking recurve around IMO with all the custom touches on it.

I was well pleased with all these models.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©