3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Indian River Shooting Range FLA  (Read 183 times)

Offline Deadsmple

• Trad Bowhunter
Indian River Shooting Range FLA
« on: May 27, 2008, 12:46:00 AM »
Well I had a chance to shoot a bit in Florida these past few days and figured I'd post a few thoughts and pics.

A few TradGangers pointed me in the direction of nice little 14 target walking range in Sebastian. It only cost $5.35 to shoot for the day.

I was about 17yds from the first target and my first shot was a good one. Woohoo this is gonna be great!

Not!!! I was soon greeted by this sign at the 3rd target.

Sorry, think I'll just shoot from the "cub" pin. 58yds is way outta my range.

All praise is the Lords

"to get to heaven, turn right and stay straight"

Offline Deadsmple

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Indian River Shooting Range FLA
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 12:47:00 AM »
If you look real careful you can see the armadillo that decided to walk out in front of a target just as I was getting ready to shoot.

I don't know anything about these creatures so I didn't even try to sneak up on it to try to get a better pic.
This next pic is of my favorite target on the course because it seemed like every time I was there, there was plenty of shade in the waiting area.

Well I've never claimed to be a good shot and I'm sure if you asked around most would agree that I'm not. But I am kinda proud of this last group I put together on the last target at 64yds. I know the pic is not that great but there's 4 arrows there 2 are holding up the bow and the other 2 are at about 7 and 8 o'clock.

Well shooting at paper is nothing like shooting at my 3d targets at home but I still had a great time. It was nice to shoot someplace that actually had bow racks that us longbow shooters can use.

Hope you enjoyed the virtual walk thru part of the Indian River shooting range. If you are ever in the area you should give a try. At $5.35 a day it's not bad.
Unfortunately my time in Florida is up for now and I'm on the road home in the morning.

All praise is the Lords

"to get to heaven, turn right and stay straight"

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 12:56:00 AM »
Hey brother, Glad you could bring your bow with you and get some shooting in. That long one reminded my of Mahwah and the ghost lady with her dog.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline Skinny Little Runt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 07:15:00 AM »
I might add, its a gov't facility. complete with rilfe,shotgun, pistol, airgun and archery warm up and sight in range. Great place.
"It ain't over till it's over"....

Offline alligatordond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 04:52:00 PM »
No need to worry about a little ol' armadillo. We let the kids chase em around the ranch. They do carry leprosy but it's never bothered me any. Gotta go see my doc now. Dang arm looks like it's going to fall off  :biglaugh:
DonD

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 05:09:00 PM »
Great Thread Vaughn Thanks for sharing!Barbarosa ate alot of Armydillo if you saw the movie.Vaughn we gotta do some investigating and scouting some new properties when your ready! We'll bring Jerry along too.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©