3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: A&H Archery milestone  (Read 1044 times)

Offline John Havard

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
A&H Archery milestone
« on: May 28, 2008, 07:30:00 AM »
Well, after a long hard work period we've finally reached the milestone of no longer having a waiting list.  We want to thank all of our customers for being patient while we worked through it.  We worked as quickly as possible to achieve one of our goals for this year - get a bow into everyone's hands on the list.  

Now, there's no more waiting list and we are working hard on another goal - delivering bows in 2-4 months after order.  So far, so good on that one.  And, actually having a few risers and limb sets in stock has enabled us to fill a couple of emergency orders within one day.  

Thanks to everyone for their support!

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: A&H Archery milestone
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 07:36:00 AM »
Congrats John! That was a big mountain to climb there.

Now go get my new limbs done.    :biglaugh:
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 07:42:00 AM »
When will the shorter versions be available? How short will they be?
John

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 07:49:00 AM »
Congrats John!!  I know how hard you guys worked to put that behind you.  Nothing but sunny days looking forward.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 07:53:00 AM »
Congrats.... Keep up the good work.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 07:53:00 AM »
Congrats John.....that is a milestone.

I got this lefty going out today back at ya.

Ya got Curt thinking about shooting a TD longbow.

Thanks for the effort, he and I appreciated it.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline John Havard

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 08:02:00 AM »
Thank you all for the kind words.  Getting to this point has been a haul but fun none the less.

John, the newly designed short limb molds will enable us to build 3PTD longbows down to 56" in length when mounted on our 14" standard riser.  Obviously when mounted on either of our 16" risers they end up being longer.

Terry, no problem on the lefty.  Curt will just have to get cool like the rest of us smart, good-looking, and humble guys and start using a TD longbow!  Thank you and TradGang for providing a forum for all of us trad folks.  The growth of this website has been fun to see too!

Offline Mike Orton

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 08:49:00 AM »
Nicely done!  The significance of this milestone is accentuated by the fact of the great customer service you folks offered during the process of achieving that milestone.   I've picked a winner in you guys.....

:thumbsup:
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline gilf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 08:50:00 AM »
Excellent stuff John, I waited about 10 months for mine and it was well worth that wait.

I think you should now spend all your "spare" hours on getting those recurve limbs done, I'll take the first set  ;) , also excited about a one-piece.

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 08:51:00 AM »
Good work John and Larry. I missed you at the Kenosha shoot during Memorial Day weekend.

Mike

Offline frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 08:55:00 AM »
:notworthy:   Congrats on the milestone
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline John Havard

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008, 09:41:00 AM »
Thanks again to everyone for the encouraging words.  

I was out of town this past weekend Mike - otherwise you would have seen me at the shoot.  Hope you shot well!

Andrew, I spent most of yesterday working on the design for a new R&D recurve limb mold.  The first one was quite good but there's more yet to be done.  The one-piece designs are all done.  We just need to find time to machine all the molds and fixtures necessary to make them.  Thank you for your interest.

Offline Pat B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2008, 09:50:00 AM »
Hey John, happy for you guys and your success in this venture.. Also makes for a lot of happy customers, lol.

I'm sure the new recurve limbs will fit existing risers, no? What length will be available and do you have a projected start date on their manufacture ?

Again, many thanks.
                   Pat Byrne

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2008, 10:09:00 AM »
Very nice John!! Very nice indeed,I'm sure there's a few folks that are glad to hear that LOL heck maybe someday I'll re order one from you so I'll know that I get it in a resonable amount of time.

Congrads and good luck with all your future venture's
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline John Havard

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2008, 10:22:00 AM »
Hi Pat,

It's too soon to tell if the limb mounting angle for the recurve limbs will be the same as for our longbow limbs.  It probably will not be.  We want everything to be optimum so I cannot say that the existing risers will fit the recurve limbs.  Regarding timing, as we say on our website, it could easily be as long as next year before they are ready for sale.  We won't rush getting them out.  Only after we're satisfied that we have pushed their performance and stability to the limit will we be willing to release them.  I just can't predict how many months that will take.  Thanks for your business and support!

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2008, 10:42:00 AM »
Congratulations John, you guys did that in very short order...and as others have attested, all while maintaining a superior product and superb customer service. Very rarely done    :clapper:  

And excellent news on the shorter limbs. What about previous limitation of 60#@drawlength, have you resolved that for normal production?

Will your recurve limbs offer a performance advantage to the longbow limbs.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2008, 10:49:00 AM »
Congrats to you and the team! Now, where are my new short limbs and long riser?  :clapper:    :pray:

Offline LazerRay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2008, 10:51:00 AM »
So the Recurve will have the ACS design?? Wow that ought to give a little more zing. Is the ACS on the back or the belly. I honestly thought i could make one but I am still an amateur
Contempt prior to investigation leads to everlasting ignorance!
William James

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2008, 01:33:00 PM »
John, It's will be good for many to hear you are working on the recurve and are at least starting to talk about it now. Hard to keep a secret. Ha! It will bring more options to your line of already fine bows. I'm am sure it will challenge your engineering side. Ha!  Mike

Offline John Havard

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2008, 04:48:00 PM »
JC, we are now making a few limbs in the 65# @ 28" range.  Some turn out a couple/three pounds heavier sometimes, so yes - we now make and sell some limbs in that draw weight range.  

It's too soon to tell if the recurve will offer much/any improvement over our hybrid longbow limbs.  That's certainly the goal, but I would be guilty of raw speculation and guessing if I predicted that outcome.  Recurve limbs (even ACS recurve limbs) simply carry more mass in the last 12 inches of the limb than our hybrid ACS longbow limbs of similar draw weight.  Therefore their dynamic efficiency will probably be less.  That means their energy storage efficiency must be higher than our hybrid longbow limbs.  And THAT is the challenge.  I'm working on it like a madman though.

Bjorn, patience is a virtue!!  Actually your order is in the pipeline.  Larry is afraid of you so I'm sure he will get them done as soon as possible!

Mike, yep, we really had to talk about it at some point.  Just trying to keep expectations for performance parameters and production dates in line with reality is where we are now.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©