3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 393 times)

Offline longbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Wisconsin
« on: May 28, 2008, 08:14:00 AM »
I'll be heading to Wisconsin next week for vacation and was wondering if there's any good trad shops around to visit.

Offline frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 08:40:00 AM »
I dont know of any.. I will be watching this one though. Where are you headed?
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline Paul Mattson

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 08:47:00 AM »
Where in WI are you going?  I run my shop from my house, I don't have set hours, but you are welcome to stop by.  In Northern WI, White River bows has a small shop in Ashland.  Not sure if the Wiffens still have there shop set up in Milwaukee, there was one more but I do not recall the name.  Store front trad shops are hard to come by.

Online Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 09:01:00 AM »
If you're going to the far northwestern part of the state, there's a good trad shoot near Solon Springs the weekend of June 7-8.  Club name is Ouisconsin.  Drop me a note if you want directions.

Offline longbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 09:19:00 AM »
My wife and I have been picking a different state each year and traveling it from top to bottom and east to west.  So we'll be everywhere at some point.  I'll take your info BadgerArrow and if we get close I'll give you a call.

Offline AkDan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 11:46:00 AM »
Rochester Mn isnt all that far from the central western border of WI.  Lamonts shop is there, the footed shaft, if you already haven't been there.

Offline PASQUINELL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 09:30:00 PM »
Way down south in the Kenosha area you can visit the "OLD MASTER CRAFTER" just over the border in Waukegan Illinois . He has every chunk of wood you can imagine to make bows with. He also does work for a few well known Bowyers and the shop is pretty cool to visit. It would be good for a quick hitter.
"I can skin a GRIZZ as fast as you can catch um"...HA! stay right there pilgrim I'll be back!
JOHN 3:16

Offline Bucksnort101

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 10:34:00 PM »
I'll second The Footed Shaft in Rochester, MN. Not too far over the border from Wisc. Try to go through the Whitewater State Forrest in Mn. if you go through. Specifically Hwy. 74. Beautiful Bluff Country. If you feel fit climb the old Fire Tower just before entering the town of Elba, MN. Awesome view of the coutryside. It's a mere 634 steps to the top of the hill and a few more to the top of th tower (I forgot to count).

Offline BamBooBender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 01:27:00 AM »
If you get to extreme NE Wisconsisn (Florence County), Randy(gus)Gustafson has a shop "Northwoods Wilderness Outfitters" just across the Menominee river in Iron Mt MI.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Goodbye Shiner you were always a good dog.

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2008, 01:52:00 AM »
Paul, who runs that shop in Ashland? I went to college at Northland and there was no shop then. I'm wondering if it is a friend of mine.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2008, 08:13:00 AM »
Like Jerry said, Solon Springs shoot in the NW part of the State June 7-8.  That same weekend also has an all traditional shoot at Johnsville in the SE part of the State.  

I don't know of any trad shops in this area, but don't skip the SW part of the State.  IMO, it is the most beautiful of all.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Notso

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2008, 04:13:00 PM »
If you do make it to SW Wisconsin - look me up. I can point you in the right direction for some outdoor fun and sights to see.

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2008, 04:47:00 PM »
Whiffen is no longer in business on 16th st here in Milwaukee and moved to 30th st.for awhile before deciding to retire it.Westown archery on Burliegh has indoor shooting and mostly all compound. may be other small shops but none I know of here<><
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©