3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I feel really fortunate....  (Read 863 times)

Offline Marblesonac

• Trad Bowhunter
I feel really fortunate....
« on: February 17, 2007, 01:34:00 PM »
Must be the cabin fever....

Of course I (as most here) feel very fortunate to have the family they have, I was thinking that Trad wise I was fortunate in some of the gear I've got.

I'm very fortunate to have 2 of Shell's quivers, 2 Rose Oak Bows, some nice knives, a GREAT hunting partner in Voodoofire1 (and he makes some great gear as well), and a nice place to hunt.

What trad things are you thankful for?
Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes....

Offline BMOELLER

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I feel really fortunate....
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 01:55:00 PM »
I am thankful for its simplicity.
2009 Kansas State ASA Traditional Champion

Offline sgrogg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 02:15:00 PM »
The internet!  I spend hours and hours perusing the various trad web sites  (just ask my better half!!!)  

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 02:27:00 PM »
These last few days, with single-digit temps and winds that blow right through you, with the snow plowed up on the sides of the roads (in front of the mailboxes  :mad:  ) and coated with a sheet of ice that I can stand on, I have been grateful for the house that shelters me, the power that stayed on, pain meds for my tendonitis, Thermax longjohns and my 4W Drive. Been a bit stressful for the mailma'am lately!

Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 03:38:00 PM »
Mostly for the the folks I've met through trational archery/bowhunting and those I have yet to meet. As stated on an earlier post.... I came out to Tulsa to work and have met a bunch of guys and gals that have made being away from home a bit more tolerable. Great times with great folks and memories made....."they can take my youth, my wealth and my health, but my memories are mine for eternity."
Mike
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 03:41:00 PM »
I am VERY Thankful for Pain Meds. for the arthritis on my Whole left side. Traditionally, Thankful I bought my First Shootable Recurve for Next to Nothing on eBay. I Thank ALL the Fine & Generous Folks that have either Donated or Taught ME how to Make some of My Own Tackle.
AND MAJORLY THANKFUL FOR "da Family" I have Found On This "TradGang" that I was lucky, REAL LUCKY to Stumble into, looking for Other Same-Minded Folks.  THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline Voodoofire1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2007, 07:58:00 PM »
There's just no possible way to list all the trad things I'm thankful for, but the two that really stand out: I'm thankful that God and Traditional archery has given me my life back after my neck problems, and I'm thankful for the friends and aquaintances I've met on this site, I came here at what was probably  the lowest point in my life, my son had passed away and I was a lost sole, but from the first minute I  was here I felt like I was among friends. Terry and Rob, You have created something great here a big THANK YOU to you too............Steve
True happiness is not having what you want, it's wanting what you have!

Offline project mayhem

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2007, 01:10:00 AM »
I'm thankfull for my wife and two lil' girls, Tradgang, the fact that I have a bow or two to shoot and I'm thankfull that I have the right to hunt with them!      JW
Shoot it like you stole it!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©