3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ne1 pics/opinions on Bingham DIY kit bows?  (Read 297 times)

Offline darren1968

• Trad Bowhunter
ne1 pics/opinions on Bingham DIY kit bows?
« on: May 29, 2008, 03:07:00 PM »
Anybody made their own Bingham projects DIY kit & have pics of the finished bow?  Any opinions on these bow kits I`d be glad to hear good or bad?   :)

Offline Dan Palma

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: ne1 pics/opinions on Bingham DIY kit bows?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 05:06:00 PM »
Darren, I have made several Bingham 3-piece recurves, 62"amo, I followed their plan with no modifications. Mine shoot extreemly well and are very quiet with ts-1 and D-75 strings. The quality all depends on your attention to detail and how much time you spend on them. Be patient and don't rush. I have some pictures if someone can help me post them.

Offline Biff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 05:45:00 PM »
I just started doing business with them. Very honest people, as I would have overpaid not knowing the pattern I wanted came with the vidio. Fastest service I have ever received from any archery company!  Biff
"In case you don't know me, I'm just a friend you haven't had a chance to meet yet!"

Offline TimZeigler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 07:38:00 PM »
I think anyone that has, does, or will build bows has used Binghams at one time or another.  Don't hesitate to call them if you have any questions before or during your order.  Tim
USMC 1992-2000
PBS Associate Member

Offline Paul Collins

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 10:27:00 AM »
Great folks to deal with.  Their bow designs are good.  Bingham instructions can be a bit tough to follow.

Offline Ravenclaw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 04:30:00 PM »
I have built a few one piece recurves. They are good bows. Ask questions!!! It will seem overwhelming at first but the next few get alot easier. Patience..

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 07:18:00 PM »
Here is a 64" homemade longbow r/d I made from Binghams plans with a few changes.Also an unlucky pig.RC

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 07:21:00 PM »
Here is the first bow I ever made a 60" one piece recurve .Another unlucky pig.RC

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 07:27:00 PM »
I have made maybe 15 or so bows and will tell you it is addictive.Couple of things-1 don`t get in a hurry.2Don`t get in a hurry.3 don`t get in a hurry.No matter if you make a mistake someone will be happy to shoot the bow and you`ll never build the perfect bow so have fun and learn every time.For the record I could have never been able to afford 15 bows within two years but I could build them and friends would give me the price of materials.A kinda affordable way to learn.The buck in my avitar was killed with a 66" homemade hardrock maple longbow.Proves they work ,even for me.RC

Offline darren1968

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2008, 01:15:00 AM »
Thanks guys for your advice, much appreciated.

Darren.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©