3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: deer and turkey deks?  (Read 220 times)

Offline 44charlie

• Trad Bowhunter
deer and turkey deks?
« on: May 31, 2008, 10:45:00 AM »
what's your experience with deers reaction to turkey decoys? just had a deer circle my deks this morning like it never had seen a turkey before. really bothers them that they don't move. i thought deer and turkeys calmed each other down.
oh ya the gobble this morning didn't like that my deks didn't move either. from 3 feet away he was eyeballing them then dropped strut and walked off. no i didn't get a shot darn it!

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: deer and turkey deks?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 10:58:00 AM »
I dont know what to say on that one. I was turkey hunting already and had deer act like nothing was wrong, and then the turkeys stayed away for some reason ( 50 yards). Still sounds to me like you had a sucessful season, keep us posted
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline aroflyte

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 12:31:00 PM »
had a young buck walk right past (within 3 feet) of my turkey decoys this season and act as if nothing was wrong. think the deer could have smelled you?

Offline 44charlie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 05:45:00 PM »
deer didn't smell me per say it was totally focused on deks.
and what about how dumb bucks are this time of year! had two the other nite that just would stop trying to figure me out and i know they got a good nose full. i never moved but they clearly recognized me a  as something strange. won't catch them doing that in hunting season. yes one was young but the other was older by size and antler development.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©