3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Trad Gang Calendar  (Read 668 times)

Offline PA stickbow boy

• Trad Bowhunter
Trad Gang Calendar
« on: June 04, 2008, 11:50:00 AM »
I read a post a while back that talked about a TradGang screensaver. Is there a Tradgang calendar? If not, I think it would be a cool idea. You know how the top part of the calendar has the pic, well the calendar could be a little wider and that part could be split into 2 pictures so more could be shown. Or some other layout to show more than 12 pictures if possible. People could send pics to a post as kinda a photo contest and if your pic is chosen to use you get a free calendar. All others could be bought by members and and the procedes go to a good cause. Maybe something other than Saint Judes. What does everyone else think? Good idea? Bad idea? Already done? Suggestions welcome.   :)
Keep the sun at your back and the wind in your face.

Offline PA stickbow boy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Trad Gang Calendar
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 11:54:00 AM »
Just thought of something else:  Maybe there could be more than one calendar.  There could be calendars for broken down groups like one w? Tradgangers and deer, a family calendar, a hog calendar, moose, bear, sheep, etc...  I know I would hang more than one calendar in my cubicle   :biglaugh:

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 11:58:00 AM »
Great Idea, MODERATORS< if you need the printing done PM me I can help you out on that.

:bigsmyl:
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 02:46:00 PM »
I volunteer to pose in a swimsuit if you need something sexy...I understand it would have to be with a dead hog though, to keep it trad-related. Just let me know when the photo shoot is. I'll clear my calendar.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 03:37:00 PM »
If Dave ends up in the cheerleader outfit, there better be a space reserved.....
"A sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine"
>>---TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow--->
Member: Double-T Archery Club, Amherst, NY
St. Judes - $100k for 2010 - WE DID IT!!!!

Offline madness522

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 05:13:00 PM »
maybe we can talk Bernie into un-retiring the cheerleading outfit and him and Dave could have back to back months.
Barry Clodfelter
TGMM Family of the Bow.

Offline PA stickbow boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 08:41:00 AM »
I guess I need to start taking lots of good trad pics when I'm out hunting and put something together for myself as kinda a trial run. We'll see how it turns out and go from there.

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 11:28:00 AM »
Ray Hammond in a swim suit. YIKES   :scared:    :scared:    :scared:    :scared:
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 12:38:00 PM »
Well that kinda would be biblical, because the very first clothing that was made was genuine
 " camouflage "

A calendar, like the moderators and administrators, of this site don't have enough to do !

Carl
--------------------------
 Heb.13:5-6

Offline PA stickbow boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 04:26:00 PM »
Hmmmm I don't remember anyone ever saying that the administrators or moderators had to be the ones who took care of it! It should be a simple collection of pictures that someone chooses, arranged in a nice order and printed out in a calendar form. Maybe I'm totally wrong. It was just a simple suggestion made b/c I thought it would be nice to have a calendar that had pictures of moose, bear, deer, turkey, hogs, sheep and etc... w/ the bows that they were harvested w/ that I could hang on my wall at work as kinda a conversation starter, you know as in a person walking past looking at it and saying "he shot that w/ that bow?", "he didn't use a gun?", I thought it would be a way to introduce Traditional archery to new people. I guess I was wrong to assume that others out there would share my intrest! It wasn't intended to be a joke or imply that the administrators and moderators have all the free time in the world. This is all I will say about the subject. I threw the idea out there asking a question and got my answer.

Offline Ga.boy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 05:05:00 PM »
I think it is a good idea.
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline sonofabuck

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 05:51:00 PM »
I think it is a good idea to. Don't let one - comment stop you.
Combat Vet

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2008, 06:05:00 PM »
nothing wrong with the idea...
"A sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine"
>>---TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow--->
Member: Double-T Archery Club, Amherst, NY
St. Judes - $100k for 2010 - WE DID IT!!!!

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2008, 09:34:00 PM »
If you need any "traditional" pics.. Just let me know.

John III
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Offline Seeking Trad Deer

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2008, 10:30:00 PM »
Great idea   :thumbsup:
The Lord is my Shepherd

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2008, 10:49:00 PM »
I hope you don't think I was making a joke out of your idea...PA

These threads are like "conversations" and in normal campfire conversation there's always some lighthearted banter in the mix.

I don't remember brokenarrow1 being appointed a spokesperson for the moderators nor the adminstrators of this site either..so his opinion is just that..his opinion.  I wouldn't lose any sleep over my attempt at humor or his opinion about what the mods do or dont have time for.

As my buddy JC says....your mileage may vary.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2008, 09:11:00 AM »
Ray always speaks with the voice of reason... except when he talks about posing in a bathin suit! :eek:  

My Penna brother...as Ray states, this is a fun place and there is always a bunch of banter, quipping, joking...but the St. Jude's Auction, goes to show amidst all the goofin around, there is a lot of serious heart here and a ton... several tons of stuff to learn from these guys and gals! Constantly!

I'd guess that your idea is not anywhere a bad one or... dead...

Just please realize that you posted dead on the heels of the St. Judes Auction!

If you read between the lines, there were special servers set up to handle it, constant moderating to 4 separate auctions, and now the daunting task of counting, waiting for payment and posting release to those who generously donated items for bid to send out the goodies.

If you're idea didn't generate instant feedback from Terry, Rob or others behind the scenes, please understand their up to their eyes right now and will be for a short time...

Perhaps you could copy your post and then send it in a week to Terry and/or Rob.  They might have a better chance to see it and consider then. They both have other jobs.  They don't live here which is why we owe a debt to the moderators who help take up the slack!

Hang in there.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2008, 09:17:00 AM »
Like all things you need to have some fun with it. For it to be a "Trad Gang" calender you will need Terry's blessing since it is trademarked. But as said folks are up to their noses in busy right now. Perhaps doing a bit of research on printing costs, photo quality requirements for printing, release forms, etc would help fill the time and get things rolling. The less needed to be done by admin the better and it is a worthwhile idea.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline PA stickbow boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2008, 08:29:00 PM »
Yeah, you all are right.  My apologies.  Vermonster you have some good suggestions. I'll have to check into that stuff to see what all is involved. Since it was my idea, there's no reason I can't grap the horse by the reigns and do some research. I absolutely understand that everyone is swamped, but for a GREAT cause! and we have a lot of time. It's not like it would have to be does right now. This is one caring community who does like to joke around and I agree that is needed. My apologies again.

Offline imskippy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2008, 09:21:00 PM »
I'm sure there are quite a few photographers on here that would donate pics to the calendar. I would buy one. Run with the idea it's a good one. Skippy

Maybe one big pic of a harvested animal or target and a small inset of the bow used and it's specs.
Zona Custom T/D #1
Zona Custom R/D L/B #1

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©