3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Was the "shooter's forum" removed ????  (Read 829 times)

Offline skychief

• Trad Bowhunter
Was the "shooter's forum" removed ????
« on: June 05, 2008, 11:48:00 PM »
I don't see it now.   It was near "trad events" and I had a thread or two on it.   Am I missing something?   Wouldn't be the first time!   Thanks.

Offline Curtis Haden

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Was the "shooter's forum" removed ????
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 12:25:00 AM »
Rose Oak Ace 41@28
Super Shrew Gold 42@28
Black Widow PCH-X 40@28
Toelke Pika 43@28
_ _ _

A subtle play on words is better than a poke in the eye.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 07:03:00 PM »
The Shooters Forum was closed.

In the last couple of weeks it became a battle ground for personal combat that drifted over from other sites.

It was a total distraction from the helpful friendly forum it once was.

I'll deal with it later, when I'm in a better frame of mind to do so.

Thanks for concern, and to all those that emailed me with your comments and concerns regarding this  matter.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline no

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 10:20:00 PM »
Thats too bad, there used to be some good stuff on there & was helpful when I started shooting. Mike
Big Mike

Offline Widowbender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 11:06:00 PM »
Man I hate when Folks goof up a good thing...   :banghead:
David

>>>>--TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow-->

Chatham County Chapter NWTF
Chapel Hill Friends of NRA

Offline Stumpknocker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 12:56:00 AM »
Well, I guess I missed all that in the middle of St. Judes.  Sounds like some folks need to get their heads on straight.  That forum really helped me with moving towards working the kinks out of my form, not that I'm done yet!  Terry, your vids and advice on form were so much help, too.  Also, those threads re target panic showed me the value of coming to full draw and really feeling what I was doing.  I still practice a rapid anchor-release in anticipation of those quick hog hunting shots, but also now incorporate into every session the act of just coming to full draw and holding there.  These drills really make me feel like I just might break through a plateau this summer.  All this I learned here.  Sorry to ramble on, but you guys have really helped me with the info in the Shooter's Forum, so there's my 2c worth.  Thanks again for such a great site, Tge
Let's go to the woods and learn things about life (Penelope, age 4, to me).  

plx osage 62" 56@28
sax bocote 60" 54@28
Morrison Shawnee 56" 56@28

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 05:15:00 AM »
That crap will ruin our site as evidenced by the removal of a great forum. Hopefully there is a way to deal with these people without shutting down our forums. Sorry you have to babysit Terry.
Nothing worse than having to babysit infantile adults. Jeez!
Brian
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 06:59:00 AM »
Originally posted by horatio1226:
That crap will ruin our site as evidenced by the removal of a great forum. Hopefully there is a way to deal with these people without shutting down our forums. Sorry you have to babysit Terry.
Nothing worse than having to babysit infantile adults. Jeez!
Brian
Very well said Brian,

We looked long and hard at all the traditional sites before choosing one to sponsor. We chose TradGang for exactly these reasons. There are many, many great guys/gals here who get along very well. While occasional disagreements are inevitable, it's very rare to hear disrespectful, argumentative posts and personal attacks are virtually non-existent here.   :thumbsup:  

While I didn't see any of the threads in question, Terry, it's to your credit that you nipped this in the bud. I'm sure that you'll come up with a resolution to this situation that's far better than the standard "Sorry, this topic has been closed" that some other site's moderators seem to enjoy using.

While I'm at it, I'd like to thank each and every member, moderator and sponsor for keeping TG the most respected trad site there is. It's because of you that we are a PROUD sponsor!

Ron
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2008, 07:54:00 AM »
That's too bad - I missed all of it too but glad I did. St. Jude was more important at the time. That was always a great forum but sometimes, some folks, get rally puffy about "Their way".
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2008, 08:34:00 AM »
Why, oh why, do some people get so bent out of shape over how one shoots a bow and arrow?  You would think it is a matter of the most grave importance rather than something we do for fun and recreation.  As stated above, some people need to get their heads on straight!.....Dave
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline shamus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 10:04:00 AM »
looks  I missed the meltdown.

It's a shame when people pee in the pool.

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2008, 10:28:00 AM »
traditional archery is completely a personal thing...not one bow is better than another, not one shooting form is better than another, not one way of aiming is better than another.... it is how much we are willing to practice with our choice of equipment and shooting method to pursue consistancy..... the one whos form, aiming method, anchor, and release is the most consistant will be the best shooter...that is why the fellows that have this figured out can pick up any bow and shoot well.... the bow and matched arrow will always out shoot the shooter...
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Offline NDTerminator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2008, 08:39:00 PM »
Originally posted by Terry Green:
The Shooters Forum was closed.

In the last couple of weeks it became a battle ground for personal combat that drifted over from other sites.

It was a total distraction from the helpful friendly forum it once was.

I'll deal with it later, when I'm in a better frame of mind to do so.

Thanks for concern, and to all those that emailed me with your comments and concerns regarding this  matter.
Dang, what in the world is there to fight about shooting a flippin' bow?!!!
"As Trad as I wanna be"

"It's all just archery, and all archery is good"

Offline skychief

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2008, 09:25:00 PM »
Thanks Terry for the reply.   What a bummer.   I was getting some good help from the shooter's forum.   Thanks again and good luck cleaning up what needs cleaning.

Offline 2-BIG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2008, 07:10:00 AM »
Lets give the "combatants" a time out from the tradgang so the rest of us can enjoy the help on that forum.  :)
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2008, 07:23:00 AM »
I agree. Instead of everybody suffering, how about the people that can't show respect suffering!  :knothead:
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2008, 08:01:00 AM »
Thats to bad, I liked that forum alot. Don't know why some fellas have to mess up a good thing   :banghead:      :mad:
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2008, 08:06:00 AM »
Originally posted by Sharpster:
Originally posted by horatio1226:
While I'm at it, I'd like to thank each and every member, moderator and sponsor for keeping TG the most respected trad site there is. It's because of you that we are a PROUD sponsor!

Ron [/b]
Thanks for being here Ron, and nicely said  :thumbsup:
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline smilinicon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2008, 08:39:00 AM »
bad call. the site is worse for losing the Shooter's forum. I saw posts that helped shooters learn to shoot and did not dwell on what one person thought was so terrible that he had to take his ball and go home like a selfish child.

yeah, I'm pissed...

Offline Billy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2008, 08:47:00 AM »
the mods have SO much to do , just to keep this site open for ALL of US to enjoy and gain from...
 Terry said he'd deal with it in the appropriate time and frame of mind.
I'd say that's as fair as you can ask.
 First, no one has to deal with the trash and second; it will be resloved, not bandaged.
 I say KUDOS to Terry.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Taker of the Founders Red Pill

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©