3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: A BOWdacious Day and Project X - pix  (Read 178 times)

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
A BOWdacious Day and Project X - pix
« on: June 06, 2008, 12:43:00 PM »
Many are aware that I have had several bow trades/purchases perking out there.    Wednesday, between the mailman and the UPS guy and the FedEx guy, I received four bows!    Maybe 3 1/2, I'll let you call it...

I had been concerned about some very minor damage to my Morrison ILF riser.   Bob assured me it was of absolutely no consequence, but it bothered me.  He said he'd repair it and mail it back to me for $25.    Mailed that out last week and it got here today.  Terrific service!  May or may not keep it, but it's now perfect.  You can call this receiving a bow or 1/2 a bow... your choice

The mailman also brought a long box came from Gary Sentman... returning my Pearson longbow and the new Project X, or Moosejaw Classic (My attempt to get a recreation of the 1950's longbows).  Over the past year, there were both a Project X1 and a Project X2, neither of which quite got there.  Let me say that Project X3 is a success!   Gary was very enthusiastic about this project and fell in love with the bow himself.  You can see why the minute you pick it up. It looks and feels exactly like one of the old ones.    It's perfect for me... 31# at 25".  Here are some pix of this one:  

There are lots more pix on a web page I did for the whole Project X... shows X1, X2 and the new one.

Here's a link to that:

http://www.dickwightman.com/archery/projectx/projectx.html

Getting back to the deliveries, the FedEx guy brought me a Sunset Hill longbow I got from another list member.   It's named "Sweet Music" and definitely makes some.  Pretty bow, draws smooth and shoots very still and quiet.  very nice.   I will do some work with it today and try to post pix later.

Then UPS guy brought the anticipated long box from Howard Hill Archery... my new Longbowman's Choice.    this may well be the most beautiful Hill I've had yet, but I may have overestimated my shoulder for it.  Craig hit the weight I specified, 38#, but it's got a pretty stiff power curve and I'm having some trouble with it.   Again, I'll try to do some more work with it and the camera and get pix and reactions up for everybody later today or tomorrow.  

Sorry this is coming in stages, but meeting one's responsibility to show new bows is tough after a day like Wednesday!

Dick in Seattle
Dick in Seattle

"It ain't how well the bow you shoot shoots, it's how well you shoot the bow you shoot."

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: A BOWdacious Day and Project X - pix
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 03:08:00 PM »
I love the look of that one Dick. Glad you came up with a winner. Also thanks for your site and all the info. I'm a new Hill bow fan.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 04:04:00 PM »
Very Nice Dick! You'll be a bit busy shooting all those new babies.

Offline Focusource

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 06:41:00 PM »
I love that X3.  Timeless.  Simply beautiful.
TradTech Pinnacle II riser, 50# BlackMax limbs

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©