3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Can I ask for a minute of Your Time... Also read first post on pg2)  (Read 754 times)

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
Today is June 6 th... This is the 64 th Anniversary for the D-Day Invasion. 1,000's of Americans, British & Canadians Died for Freedom.

D-Day

:pray:   God be with You All... Thank You for Your Gift of Freedom, With-out Your ultimate sacrifice There would be No Freedom..   :pray:

Offline Junction hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Can I ask for a minute of Your Time... Also read first post on pg2)
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 01:29:00 PM »
Ditto!!!!!

Offline Johner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 01:32:00 PM »
Amen...

I firmly believe Tom Brokaw hit the nail on the head dubbing that generation 'The Greatest Generation'.

Take any time you can get with one of the WWII veterans as they are leaving us faster than we can imagine.

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 01:39:00 PM »
If your dad served in WWII, this Father's Day would be a great occasion to honor him and his service.

One never knows, but without their sacrifice hunting might only be something you read about.
Lon Scott

Offline joconn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 02:06:00 PM »
They are all heros of the finest kind, and, thanks for remembering the Canadians, Mysticguido.
They fought above their weight. Few people outside of Canada recognise their contribution.
Joe.

Offline Stumpknocker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 03:17:00 PM »
Amen.  We owe them our freedom.  Tge
Let's go to the woods and learn things about life (Penelope, age 4, to me).  

plx osage 62" 56@28
sax bocote 60" 54@28
Morrison Shawnee 56" 56@28

Offline joseph_valencia

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 03:40:00 PM »
good thread Mystic, good on ya, and every one else too.
joseph

Offline HATCHCHASER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 03:50:00 PM »
My uncle survived that day.  He never talked about it till he told the story to a local newspaper reporter who interviewed him on the subject a few weeks before his passing. He was 80 at the time. He was a fine man as were many who served and died for our freedom.  I am a young man, 32 and feel that my generation and down is getting more and more lazy and disrespectfull.  Not all of us but as a whole.  We are too spoiled and often take for granted the work and honor that has provided us what we have today.  God bless all who have served and given me the right to set at this computer, read and respond.
It's not the arrival, it's the journey.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 03:58:00 PM »
Great Idea Sal! My Dad's 87 years old for this Fathers Day. Fought with the 5Th Army North Africa ,all threw Italy including the Anzio Beach Head, Arno River with the 442nd. Yep the greatest generation lived threw the depression and fought in WW II.

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 04:16:00 PM »
God bless all of them!!!!!

"Semper Fi"

Mike
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline UKarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2008, 04:23:00 PM »
There are still a few left that are thankful that our cousins from across the water came to join the fight. When I was in the UK, I always made a point of attending the local Remembrance Day Service each year. It was heartrending to see the old guys remember their buddies that never came home. But the pride they still had to wear their uniform and medals showed that they knew they had done a good job, even if they never spoke of it.
My uncle was a dispatch rider with the Royal Corp of Signals and was one of the last people off the beach at the evacuation of Dunkirk. His job was to  relay messages between the different beachheads when the radio and telegraphy had gone down. He was awarded for his bravery but also nearly lost a stripe because he refused to leave his motorcycle on the beach when it was time to come home.

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2008, 04:26:00 PM »
Amen, brother.
Duty, honor, and country were admired traits in America back then. They still are admired and honored in my house, and I am sure in yours as well. My father fought in Burma, and my grandfather on Iwo Jima. I believe the brave Americans, Brits, and other allies who fought and won WWII saved the world. We owe them our lives and our liberty. The only way we can ever repay them is to be vigilant to preserve liberty for future generations.
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue."
Joe
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2008, 04:39:00 PM »
Some of my relatives were too short to join the military.
 In Canada there was a group of guys to short for the military that went into the military as a group; naming themselves after Banti roosters. My short relatives had these little 'Bantam Corp' emblems on their uniforms.

I lost a lot of British relatives in WW2 and my father eventually was on the American list.

When I was in the military; there was a saying:" the only thing worse than war is waiting for it!".  When one thinks about how long the troops waited for the weather to clear to face those beaches; the more one realizes how much sacrifice it took not only on this day back then; but on the days leading up to it.

I take every chance to thank our troops; not a bad habit to have   :thumbsup:
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2008, 04:54:00 PM »
Dad was 21 when he entered WWII in 1942, lost his right eye in basic training, and had to convert to lefty to shot the bow and gun.

He passed on in 2004 at age 83 and I cherish our times hunting together.
Lon Scott

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2008, 05:04:00 PM »
All that served on the Allied side that fateful day should be thanked and honored for what they did, which was save democracy for future generations. Too bad that lots of folks don't understand that freedom isn't free. God bless 'em all.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2008, 05:31:00 PM »
As some of You know I was in The Army, not in any wars, but still in the Service of Uncle Sam. As I was watching the show on the History channel about D-Day it got me to think....What would have happened if I was there.... Could I be as brave as the 1,000's that gave their lives? Could I have been a yellow bellie person and run? I thank the Great Spirit for the life I lived, For the people I met, For the Honor of wearing my uniform... I know there was family members that where in the armies of the Axis. I pay them honor as well.

This Post was for the brave Allied troops, but it should have been for all that lost their lives. For this small mistake I made in not honoring the service Men/Women of the Germans, Italians & Japanese. Those service members should be honored as well. To all My Tradgang Brothers & Sisters from Japan, Germany & Italy Please forgive me.... Military personal take orders from the high command and for that I can't blame them for what they did....It was WAR!!!!

May all that fought in any WAR...for any side... My Your souls be at Peace....

We are Earthlings.... War should never be the End of Our Lives.... My we learn from the Past and hopefully not repeat them again.

Tradgang is a great example of how we should be...1 big family.

Thank You all for leting me make this Thread. ( I'm crying now so... Peace to all)

Offline Kevin L.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2008, 05:34:00 PM »
Ditto, you say it a lot better than I ever could.
Appalachian LB 66"57@26
Appalachian LB 68" 60@28
Appalachian Flatbow 64" 56@28
Appalachian Archery RC 58"62@28
Bighorn LB 68" 57@28
HH Wesley LB 66" 53@27
HH Cheetah LB 66" 52@26
Saxon American RC 58" 60@28

Offline longstick

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2008, 06:30:00 PM »
My dad passed last year but he gets Red White and Blue every occasion..
>>-TGMM Family of the Bow-->

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2008, 06:34:00 PM »
Thanks to all who have served or will. God Bless.
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2008, 06:37:00 PM »
I've thought a lot of those who gave thier lives to protect that which matters most. I thank a vet every time I see one.

Freedom isn't free.

John III
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©