3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Sky trophy longbow  (Read 931 times)

Offline shaft

• Trad Bowhunter
Sky trophy longbow
« on: February 18, 2007, 08:42:00 AM »
Anyone know if this bow was alright for ff strings?The tips look to be built up with micarta so I'd guess it would be ok but would like to know for sure.This is an older bow before the company was sold to mathews.

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Sky trophy longbow
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 10:56:00 AM »
Shaft... Earl Hoyt designed the Trophy longbow to handle modern string material. Absolutely, positively.  :thumbsup:
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline shaft

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 12:06:00 PM »
Thanks Charlie,didn't want to hurt this bow as it seems to be a real shooter.I might have to re-think my selection of longbows as I have been shooting hybrids for the last few years.I had a Robertson Purist that I loved but couldn't get consistent with it's grip.I guess I just need a locator grip to shoot well.

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 03:33:00 PM »
Charlie is right. I use 12 strands FF on mine and have been shooting it since Earl frist started making them.
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline sticbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 06:25:00 PM »
Hey Gray Buffalo...was you afaid your toes would get cold this morning??? we took a picture of the real men out shooting at bush..LOL...

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2007, 11:03:00 PM »
My toes were warm but the cold hard stumps played hell with my arrows. yes we real men had a good time, but the WIMPS didn't show up

I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline Cutty47

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 12:42:00 AM »
Charlie's always right...

That Trophy is one of the first R/D's, pretty mild R/D...I had one that was actionwood lams...dern near bombproof tips...nice indicator grip...

Just a classic design and built to last a couple lifetimes...

Anyone remember the name of the Hoyt LB with more R/D to it, more of a 'curve grip...it's on the tip of my tongue...

Offline V I Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 12:58:00 AM »
Was that the Rogue?

I'm in the market for a new to me Sky longbow myself.  Something around 60 pounds and 64-66 inches, in case anyone wishes to part with theirs.
But be sure you live out the message and do not merely listen to it and so deceive yourself - James 1:22

Offline Cutty47

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 01:04:00 AM »
That's it!  Thanks...that one was going to bug me 'til I remembered it.  That Rogue was supposed to be a flamethrower.  Don't see too many of those come up for sale...think I've only seen one that I can remember.

Offline V I Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2007, 01:48:00 AM »
Cutty there is a reason you don't see to many for sale.  It's on my list of Gotta haves though.  I was just thinking today how odd we as archers are, the  value we place on things merly because of the mystique of the maker.  Think about it, what would you give for a Jerry Pierce Choctaw recurve, an original Paul built Silvertip, a Monarch by Monty, or a dozen arrows by Mr.Dodge.  Then there are those completly untouchables, Saxons arrow, Ishi's Broadhead, Fred Bear's shooting glove, how about Howards Elephant arrow, better stop, I'm getting goose bumps!
But be sure you live out the message and do not merely listen to it and so deceive yourself - James 1:22

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2007, 04:22:00 PM »
There are a lot of folks looking for a Rogue. I have two and wouldn't mined having another

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©