3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Sitka Gear 2008  (Read 1579 times)

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Sitka Gear 2008
« on: June 08, 2008, 11:02:00 AM »
Check it out guys and gals.....

http://www.sitkagear.com/  

Click on ..... "New Gear Preview"

The whole line has been revamped and a new colder weather line has been added(Celsius Line). We're very excited about the changes, improvements, and additions.

There's a few of us around to answer any questions you might have....check it out see what you think.
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Minuteman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Sitka Gear 2008
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 12:49:00 PM »
You gotta be kidding!
There sure is alot of air around a squirrel...eeyup.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 12:53:00 PM »
excuse me...what am I kidding about?
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Hattrick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 01:35:00 PM »
Guru are u a rep?   :confused:
Bull

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 01:42:00 PM »
Bought all their stuff last year...have some of the new stuff coming.  i love it!
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 01:44:00 PM »
Curt,

Liking what I see so far. Are they going to offer the same colors as last year. Really liked the Tan and Green as well the MM.

Going to have to pick some more up before I head back home on leave.

Chris

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 03:40:00 PM »
Chris, Some of the items are available in the same colors. Also some new patterns and colors added.

HT...sort of    :thumbsup:
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Grabwad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 08:17:00 PM »
What new camo patterns will be available?

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2008, 09:42:00 PM »
Great site, terrific graphics. It took away my control buttons, though, and I had to call my Task Manager to get me out.

Killdeer  :eek:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Grabwad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2008, 09:52:00 PM »
I found the new colors on the website.

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 11:14:00 AM »
Really interesting innovations for the upcoming year. I'm ordering some of the 90% stuff. The new restrictions on airlines make my heavy, bulky wool stuff expensive to take along. The lighter weight of the Sitka Gear and the water resistance makes it good for rainy weather eliminating rain gear too.

The more I learn about this stuff the better I like it  :-)
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Wary Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2008, 02:07:00 PM »
Camo patterns include Mothwing Mountain Mimicry (EXTREMELY versatile, and Sitka's signature pattern), the new Mossy Oak TreeStand, and a Realtree AP pattern.  There are also some solids available.

This past weekend at Compton was my first opportunity to see some of the new '08 innovations and like Biggie said, the more I learn about it, the more I like it.  

I sat in the Sitka booth with Mike Mitten and Steve Osminski with Darryl Quidort and Denny Sturgis and maybe another guy or two lending a hand as well.  I was very encouraged by the interest traditional archers are showing this product.  We were busy almost non-stop with people stopping by and checking out the new gear, sizing it, etc.

Like many of you, I have a love for simple things and that includes plaids and wool and stinginess (is that a word?).  My success pictures over the years bears this out, with many fine animals taken wearing a simple Wal-Mart shirt-jac in plaid.  But I believe Sitka is making a major effort to listen to what bowhunters want and need from their equipment, and that includes a pro staff largely of traditional shooters.

Biggie hit on an important point:  packability.  It also will dry out quickly in camp.  The new raingear has 4-way stretch.  Tapered arms and a fit on tops that makes string clearance a cinch.  Feature after feature...  I believe mine will last 20 years (assuming I don't gain any more weight), which makes it a pretty practical investment after all.
"Here's a picture of me when I was younger."
"Heck, every picture is of you when you were younger."
--from Again to Carthage, John L. Parker, Jr.

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 02:47:00 PM »
I have been looking at the 90% gear. I have had Gore Tex in the past and found it totally useless for active ground hunting.
Even if you don't get wet from the outside you will get soaked from the inside and then it turns into a wet towel!
How is this different? I don't want to send 500.00 down the toilet.

Offline frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 05:01:00 PM »
Crap, they are a little far for me to drive, mabey I will plan a vacation and drive through and pick some stuff up. Looks like great stuff
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline Jeff Sample

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 05:34:00 PM »
Great, but where can I get it in PA???? Looks like only a couple small shops (i.e. those that do not do mail order)in all of the state. BassPro and Cabela's have some of the previous models in their catalogs, but they are not stocking Sitka Gear (any of it)in their retail stores here. It would sure be nice to check it out before putting down the $$$ and having to return it because it doesn't fit or is not what I expected.
Jeff
Give me oysters and beer, for dinner every day of the year and I'll feel fine – Jimmy Buffett

Offline Dave2old

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2008, 06:54:00 PM »
KD -- again you save the day! Keep 'em coming!  :wavey:  Dave

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2008, 07:15:00 PM »
Is their downpour jacket noisy?
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2008, 10:28:00 PM »
Jeff--you should have carpooled out to Compton   ;)  .  Seriously, I know exactly what you mean; there were MANY people who came over to the booth glad to be able to actually touch the stuff.  Ads are one thing, but it is good to get your hands on it.  I would call Sitka and ask them for the names of stocking dealers in PA or close to you.  Do you have Gander Mountain out there?  I have seen it in a few of them.  There must be somewhere you can see it.

Knife, the Downpour is gone, replaced with the Nimbus line.  It is very quiet, it is waterproof and breatheable, and it has 4 way stretch to it.  It also has improved venting.  NICE stuff!

Offline Jeff Sample

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2008, 09:56:00 AM »
Thanks Steve - I'll check out Gander Mountain in Harrisburg this WE.

I'm interested in the Mountain Pants - Can anyone tell me what temperature range you would wear these pants, either sitting in a tree stand or some lite stalking?

Thanks!
Jeff
Give me oysters and beer, for dinner every day of the year and I'll feel fine – Jimmy Buffett

Offline Missouri Sherpa

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2008, 11:17:00 AM »
I have been a predator pattern, wolfskin user for many years.  My old reliable camo has been showing its age and wear, with tears, patches and burn holes from embers, it has been good for me and doesn't owe me anything from all the wear it has given me.  I broke down and ordered some Sitka gear from Cabelas, knowing I could send it back if not satisfied in any way.  I bought some of the 90% pants,  a couple pair of the ascent pants and the long sleeve zip T-shirt in the realtree AP camo.  I am pleased with the fit and feel of these garmets but they are just a bit spendy.  Even so I will be keeping them.  I like the light weight and moisture resistance they afford, and think they are just the ticket for good traveling hunting camo.  I still have some wool pants for really cold weather and a heavy weight makinaw, 100% wool cruiser/jacket in red and black plaid for my jacket.  I like wool when its cold. I elk hunt from horseback and carry an oilskin slicker on my saddle for rain gear and a Government issue poncho in my pouch when I am not riding.  I am also just as pleased with the Cabela's Henley long sleeve poly shirts for a light weight quick drying, wicking base layer, and their poly/wool blend microfleece pullover which is extremely lightweight and packable at a reasonable cost.  I am not convinced the Sitka gear T shirt is worth 4 times as much money and will not be buying another one until I can compare them with a few days use in the field.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©