3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Sitka Gear 2008  (Read 1578 times)

Offline peter c iacavazzi

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Sitka Gear 2008
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2008, 04:12:00 PM »
Steve H. Thank you for the feedback. I agree with you. Montana weather can be cold, wet, and inhospitable. But, with that said; Alaska weather is second to none.

I have gotten some tremendous feedback from Alaska hunters that had great success with the "Sitka Rainger" formerly known as the downpour suit. In fact, a friend recently returned from a 10 day wet, wet, wet, bear hunt on POW. He wore his Sitka Down Pour suit daily and had nothing but praise for its performance.

Only problem is...The suit he wore was actually mine (on loan)...I doubt he'll give it back...

If you have a chance to put the Sitka "Nimbus" or "Down Pour" suits to the test in Alaska, please let me know how it performed and where you think it could improve.

Thanks, Peter Iacavazzi

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2008, 05:02:00 PM »
Steve H...you are correct, it is not raingear, that is what the Downpour/Nimbus is for, but it is treated with DWR finish, so it is good for passing showers/drizzle we get most of the time in the lower 48 excluding WA/OR...you are special up there   ;)  

BTW...you should try the new Ascent pants.  They have address the "concerns" you had with the original pants...much more like your Wranglers now (Levi Strauss is the largest anti hunting contributor in the US).

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2008, 05:33:00 PM »
"For the record: I am the pro Staff Director for Sitka. But, I would wear Sitka even if I did not have a relationship to the company. Before I was the Pro Staff Director, I was a friend of Jason Hairston and Jon hart (The company owners). They are  first class traditional Bowhunters ." Peter C Iacavazzi

Peter, if this is the case. Could you persuade them to make some clothing in Traditional Plaid for jackets and dark green or brown pants? i HATE wearing camo into my Starbucks here in Oxford after hunting....someone might think I'm a redneck  :D
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2008, 05:36:00 PM »
i can't touch the weather where you guys are but i did give it a workout in south georgia & eastern alabama last year.  I hunted in the heat, rain, cold (for me), humid conditions we have.  i liked it enough that i got rid of all my other stuff but some day-1 i have.  i've already ordered about 1/2 of this years line of sitka gear and can't wait to try it out.
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2008, 05:39:00 PM »
Joebuck, don't sweat it bud, I have it on good autority that they are closing THE Starbucks in Mississippi...someone sued. They said the Starbucks Latte screwed up their duck call.
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2008, 06:01:00 PM »
Hey Biggie, you got any of the rain gear?  I need a new tent!  LOL.

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2008, 06:23:00 PM »
Biggie Hoffman

Really interesting innovations for the upcoming year. I'm ordering some of the 90% stuff. The new restrictions on airlines make my heavy, bulky wool stuff expensive to take along.  
Biggie, when in heck did you start flying again?..If thats the case, I'm dumping my Krispy Creme Stock tomorrow

I personally would like to challange Sitka Gear to market an "older traditional pattern" of hunting clothes in high tech fabric. Personally your line of clothing gets washed up with all the features and benefits that Cabelas and others have. I was dissappointed to learn Sitka was made overseas but heck my broadhead comes from Germany. Can't throw a stone there or it would bounce back!  Hey Sitka......show me some Plaid!  you'll tap a market no else cares about!

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2008, 07:29:00 PM »
Joebuck,

I'm thinkin if they do what you ask and it takes off like you think it will, that you'll be sorry you just thought of it and didn't do it yourself!!!!!!! Trust me, it doesn't matter what YOU wear into Starbucks, they already know you are a redneck.Ya can't make chicken salad out chicken poop. You my friend are a redneck in or out of camo.

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2008, 07:41:00 PM »
Marty ,Been there and done that.."Super Glove" Alaska Bowhunting Supply ..1995...Ed paid me royalities over the years . I can't complain.....I can't be a redneck.. I live in Oxford Ms...Outdoor Magazines 2008 top 10 cities to live in....2008 Host for first Presidential Debate ( Obama and McClain).......take that you imposter Florida cracker with a Pennsylvania birth certificate!

Sitka Plaid..."for the traditional at heart hunters"....

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2008, 07:53:00 PM »
Sweet POW WOW infomercial, suprised we don't have some pics with this one  :readit:    :jumper:

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2008, 10:02:00 PM »
JoeBuck,

You are a pretty handy guy...most of the peices are available in solid colors (Woodsmoke, Burnt Orange, Dune, Ash, Stone, and Mineral according to my catalog)...get you a fabric marker and custom make you some plaid   :thumbsup:

Offline hogdancer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2008, 10:13:00 PM »
Marty, I knew Joebuck was going to bring up that "super glove" as soon as you said something. !

Looks like some good clothing made by bowhunters, I'll probably give it a try.
PBS regular Member,
but most importantly father to my two girls !
The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government _Thomas Jefferson

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2008, 06:18:00 AM »
Joey, even if they would make it in plaids, you should still consider a white shirt and tie for church, but you could wear plaid Sitka Gear to the Grove!
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2008, 02:16:00 PM »
Joe B,

While I have to 2nd what Biggie and Marty say...I will certainly pass your request along to the Sitka Big Wigs!

Besides, being the "Red-Neck" you are...what are you doing in a Starbucks! I'm a "psuedo" redneck and I only go to Starbucks when I know this one really cute gal is working. Of course back when I lived in L.A. (please don't hold that against me)..I was a regular at the Starbucks on Santa Monica Blvd...But with the help of my "Hill-Billy" friends like Marty and Biggie...I'm reforming.

Now I settle for black coffee and a donut at the local diner...

Pete

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2008, 02:32:00 PM »
Pete,
It did not look like Sitka Gear you were wearing in those “portfolio” photos Gene and Barry talk so much about! That may have been your BuckStar I mean StarBucks days. Ha!

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2008, 03:36:00 PM »
Mike,

Yes, those were my "Starbucks" days...I was pretty sexy wasn't I...

Lets hope Geno and Uncle B never actually release those photos here on the TG site...

According to Biggie, I'm still sexy...LOL

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2008, 05:35:00 PM »
Sadly, that's not saying much Peter, Biggie will call anybody with a dozen doughnuts "sexy".
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2008, 09:09:00 PM »
I bet most of you guys don't know that Pete used to be Mr. April on the Buns Calandar when he was in his prime. In fact, I still have his photo on file at home. Somebody remind me and I'll post it this September when I get back home... with Peter's permission of course. Uncle Barry

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2008, 09:15:00 PM »
Boy this thread has sure deteriorated...

Those Wensel fellas do show those pictures of Peter off to just about everybody...probably wouldn't add 10 people to the total posting here   :saywhat:

Online Carcajou

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2008, 09:59:00 PM »
Honest opinions, now fellas...should I sell all my KOM stuff for The new Sitka line??  :scared:  

Pete, where's the pic?? Haha!
" MEMBER ~ COMPTON Traditional Bowhunters "

"Searching through the remnants of my dream-shattered sleep"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©