3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Sitka Gear 2008  (Read 1580 times)

Offline BD

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Sitka Gear 2008
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2008, 11:10:00 PM »
I wouldn't sell your wool for the sitka until it's proven to be warm. I really like my sitka gear, however, last year they advertised the 90% pants as being a replacement for wool, and believe me, it is not. If you are stalking or moving a lot or hunting in relatively mild conditions, it is great, but it doesn't come remotely close to the warmth of wool for stationary hunting in colder conditions. I would sitck to the wool for stand hunting in cold conditions or buy something much cheaper with a better camo pattern that is insulated for such conditions (such as Day one wool in ASAT or Insulated fleece or the predator insulated warp knit).

BD
BD

Offline RayMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2008, 07:41:00 AM »
OK Peter, Biggie and Barry or anyone else I went to the Sitka web site and looked at the sizes available and sure enough they have 2X and even 3X; However, the jackets look very tapered to me, I know the stuff stretches but I don't like anything that feels like it is constricting me even if it does stretch.

What we need is a picture of Biggie and or Barry "Modeling" for us...keep your bottoms on Biggie.  :D

Offline peter c iacavazzi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2008, 11:22:00 AM »
Uncle B, Yes you have my permission to post a pic of me back in my prime...Of course I would prefer if some cute gals would actually read these threads...

As for Biggie and the sexy donuts...Unfortunately you're right...throw in a few "eclairs" and "bear claws" and the Big man will find ya "irresitabley deletable..."

Now for the serious stuff: Would I sell my KOM? No, not unless you have to. KOM is excellent gear and as far as wool goes, its my pick for the best! I think the new Sitka Celcius will certainly go a long way toward keeping you warm and comfortable while on stand and in very cold weather. But, with that said...KOM is a good product and its always nice to have choices. It would be unfair of me to say that Sitka is the "only" garment you'll need. For me, I have alot of KOM and while I find I wear my Sitka alot more, I still occasionally throw my KOM in my truck. With that said, I would keep your KOM, but I think in most or almost all conditions you'll find the Sitka your more or less "go to" garments.

Regarding the often questionable sizing of Sitka? Yes, it does come in sizes up to 4XL. It tends to be a little closer fitting, but please understand the 4 way strecth material really does move with you as opposed to constrict you. Sitka was designed to fit "functionally". The jacket is slighted tapered or better described as "fitted". But, again I would suggest you try on some Sitka (if possible) and see and feel for yourself how the garment moves with you rather than constrict, restrict or impede movement.

Finally...A picture of Uncle B or the Biggie modeling would be my choice for the "Mr. Buns Calendar"

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2008, 03:11:00 PM »
I'm like Peter...well, not EXACTLY like Peter, I'm actually two of him.........
What I mean is, I'm keeping my KOM too!

Raymo, The 4X stuff is very comfortable for me. I have a 48" waist and wear a 60" jacket. They're not loose but they're not saggy either. The 4 way stretch is pretty cool stuff. I can't speak for the Celsious line, as far as warmth, cause I don't have any yet but if it's as well thought out as the rest of it. I'm anxious to have some.
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2008, 03:13:00 PM »
36" Inseam?  38" sleave? Maybe some day?
"A sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine"
>>---TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow--->
Member: Double-T Archery Club, Amherst, NY
St. Judes - $100k for 2010 - WE DID IT!!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©