3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: GORH Photos  (Read 1891 times)

Offline Whitehorse

• Trad Bowhunter
GORH Photos
« on: February 18, 2007, 11:48:00 AM »
Had a lot of fun chasing the bunnies Saturday and even connected twice. There were 18 hunters I believe and there were a lot of shot opportunities for everyone; some better than others. Lots of snow and lost arrows! Thanks to Greg and Ellen for hosting the event, everyone had a lot of fun.

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: GORH Photos
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 12:20:00 PM »
Thanks for bringin me along, Chris. My wife had to go out of town which left me with the youngens.
Maybe next year.
Looks like fun was had!!
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Tony Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 12:28:00 PM »
I just got home about an hour ago. I have my tent in the garage trying to dry it out before I pack it away. I had a great time again, this is my 5th GORH and I have enjoyed all of them. Thanks again to Greg and Ellen for putting up with us.
Tony Phillips
“What we do in life echoes in eternity”

56" Striker Stinger
52" Saluki Scythian
54" Saluki Turk

Offline Goose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 03:04:00 PM »
Great pictures, and I second a big thanks to Greg & Elleen for being a great host!  As always, it was a good time.
In the bottom picture Brian looks like he got caught taking the last cookie!  Great bunch of guys there, food was fantastic, and we actually got up a bunch of rabbits.  But boy, did that deep snow and ice make the walking fun!
Thanks for posting the pictures.

Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.

Offline Ted A. Young

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 03:33:00 PM »
Count on Doughbow to get the "last cookie".    :D    Would loved to have been there and share a   :knothead:
Ted A. Young AKA COB.  When I was young I spoke as child.  Now I'm older and got more sense I can't get any one to listen to me!

Offline Jmatt1957

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2007, 05:25:00 PM »
Great pics. Thanks to Greg&Ellen for the use of their wonderful home. This was my first GORH,had a great time.It was fun finally meeting some of the people who you talk to on Trad Gang.

Offline Brian P.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2007, 05:33:00 PM »
Had a ball as usual. I could have done without the snow drifts, but that is the price you pay.

Was good to see old friends, and meet some new ones. Sorry I missed you this morning Tony and Kent. I didnt think you would leave quite so early.

Ted, your not allowed to pick on people unless you are there  :D  .  I only heard your name used in vain a few times.

Greg and Ellen, what can we say? Thanks a bunch. You go above and beyond everytime and it is much appreciated.

BP
"As a rule, nothing does an arrow so much good as to shoot it, and nothing so much harm as to have it lie inactive and crowded in the quiver"   Saxton Pope

Offline Mark Genteline

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2007, 05:34:00 PM »
Great hunt guys had a blast. Greg, I left my weenie roastin sticks. I'll have to catch up with you later and get em back. Maybe the first OSTA shoot.

Offline rattus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2007, 05:40:00 PM »
No problem guys we have as much fun as anyone. I did lots of shooting:-)

Mark we will roast some weenies at an OSTA shoot.

great pictures Chris and good shooting

Offline Tony Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2007, 05:52:00 PM »
Brian,

Yes I'm sorry I didn't get to say good-bye. My tent was about frozen stiff and It's gona be a while before it is totally dry.
Tony Phillips

56" Striker Stinger
52" Saluki Scythian
54" Saluki Turk

Offline Mark Genteline

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2007, 06:17:00 PM »
Ok lets see if I can post pics.

Offline Longbeard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2007, 07:10:00 AM »
Glad I made it once again.  Although there were only 3 veterans of all the GORH wars, the newbies more than made up for it.  Lots of rabbits chased and missed, but maybe, just maybe, I beat my target panic on this trip.  Great time seeing old friends and meeting new ones, and thanks to Greg, Ellen and Rattus for opening their home to us.  Thanks to Tony P for putting up with my snoring in the tent.  Brian, sorry I missed you Sunday AM, but caution said to get on the road what with the weather and all.  Took me about 1.5 hours longer to get home that to get there due to the lousy road conditions.  Thanks Hoot for the bow for my son.  He's excited about it.  Again, thanks to all for a wonderful time, & looking forward to seeing everyone again soon.

Kent

Offline Tony Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2007, 07:26:00 AM »
Kent,

I was worried for you. 71 was terrible and it took me a little longer to get home. I have to go out and get some more kerosene so I can try and to finish drying my tent. The tent is nice but boy is it a pain in the butt to try and clean and dry.

All the newbies held there own and made for another  enjoyable event.
Tony Phillips

56" Striker Stinger
52" Saluki Scythian
54" Saluki Turk

Offline Jeff Holchin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2007, 08:39:00 AM »
That sure looks like fun to me!
"He has also made me as a select arrow, He has hidden me in His quiver." - Isaiah 49:2

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2007, 08:45:00 AM »
Looks like you guys had a good time too, sure is a blast chasing bunnies and flinging arrows isn't it?

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2007, 09:34:00 AM »
Chaseing bunnies in the snow sure makes for a fun time!!!!! The smiles in the pictures tell us you guys had a great time too!!!!! In the words of our great JLMBH "HuntMaster".....

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2007, 11:31:00 AM »
Cool guys,glad to see ya had a great time,bunny huntin is a blast
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline Jason Lester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2007, 06:50:00 PM »
Man I wish I could have made it. We have 2 week old twins and Tuesday the power went out. We finaly got it back Friday. So that was alot of fun for the week. I figured since it was supposed to snow again going out wouldn't make the wife to happy. I didn't even mention it. Besides if the power had gone out again with me gone... I would have been the one running instead of the rabbits. LOL

Glad you all had fun. I was at the last one and hope to be at the next one.
Jason Lester

Offline FOX SQUIRREL NUTS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2007, 07:54:00 PM »
I am still sore.  Glad the bunnies cooperated this year.  Can't wait till next time.  Greg, let me know when you need that muskrat help!!

Offline longstiks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2007, 09:07:00 PM »
Greg and Ellen, Thanks so much for your hospitality and hosting this great event! It was really nice to put a face on you gangers and share some time in the bunny camp together! Looklng forward to the next GORH.
The Karate Kid  :)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©