3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: would like to get mo trad guys toghter  (Read 901 times)

Offline goodolboy94

• Trad Bowhunter
would like to get mo trad guys toghter
« on: June 10, 2008, 03:44:00 AM »
i was wondering if any trad guys in missouri know of any good places where there is a high concentration of feral hogs with good chance of succsses. me and jds3 from the gang would jump at a chance for a hog hunt in mo if anybody knows or has some of ther property and want them removed pm me thanks john
every mourn brought forth a noble chance, and every chance brought forth a noble knight-wiston churchhill

Offline goodolboy94

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: would like to get mo trad guys toghter
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 03:45:00 AM »
also any other trad guys are welcome to come if we can find a place to go to get us missouri trad guys toghter
every mourn brought forth a noble chance, and every chance brought forth a noble knight-wiston churchhill

Offline Dark_Timber_Ghost

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 04:45:00 AM »
Wish I could join.  There used to be a bunch at FT Leonard wood, but i beleive they killed them all.
R/

-Rutledge-

Offline BMOELLER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 08:39:00 AM »
Best place I've heard of so far is Lake Wappapello.  Some of the Southeast Mo. Boys have had a couple hunts down there the past couple years.  They say there is hog sign around the lake but no one has scored yet.

I've heard there is some around Truman Lake in Henry and St. Clair counties, but I haven't had a chance to even go look.
2009 Kansas State ASA Traditional Champion

Offline Tyler2045

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 08:51:00 AM »
Yes there are hogs at Lake Wappapello. I Corps will help you in any way they can if you call and ask them. They will try and get you close to and hogs at least where they last knew they were. And you can kill as many as you want if you find them. A friend of my dads hunts them on his land from horses with dogs. They kill 15 one weekend I think. In the Wappapello area.
Bear Kodiak Magnum 44# Amo 52"

42@28 Take-down. Black Creek Bows, Banshee. 60' AMO

Nay, in all things we are more than conquerors though Him that loved us. Romans 8:37

Offline goodolboy94

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 04:32:00 PM »
so if i could orginize a trip dowmto wappapello would any body be intrested in going and is I corps like the army core of enigneers like at lake truman so if any body is serious i would like to get this trip toghter i hate not having anything except swuriells to hunt during the summer here in mo

Offline thumper15

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 04:42:00 PM »
If you go to the missouri conservation site there is information on feral hogs. Last I heard there was supposed to be quite a few around the warrensburg sedalia area. Ft. Leanord Wood was another area you could get in to hunt on as well.
Aim small miss small

Offline BobT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 05:19:00 PM »
There are also isolated populations in Iron and Reynolds counties, I would be interested in a hunt but would prefer cooler weather. I have hunted hogs in the summer and it can get pretty miserable! Maybe a combo Deer/Hog expedition in the early fall?

Bob
Bob

It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fence post than to shoot for the fence post and hit the ground!

Offline Tyler2045

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 08:58:00 PM »
Yes i ment army corps sorry

Nay, in all things we are more than conquerors though Him that loved us. Romans 8:37

Offline Johner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 09:03:00 PM »
I would be game.  I am a away at school but only 3.5 hours away from Wappapello.

Offline Tyler2045

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 11:08:00 PM »
I am about 4 from Wappapello. Would need to know well ahead of time and have to be on a saturday, plus i would still have to get a bow.

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2008, 08:56:00 PM »
Lets make this happen. I want to suggest a Hog/Squirrel combo hunt.  We can hunt, stump shoot and camp. Bring the family; more the better. There should be public ground with camping somewhere close.

It doesn't have to be 4 hours away. Lets get some info about around Ft. Wood. A Conservation agent told me that there are hogs around the Ft. Leonard Wood area.

goodoldboy- try to get ahold of the MDC. I'm for sure in when we can get the details.

JDSIII
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Offline Curtis Haden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2008, 11:17:00 PM »
Well, if you guys decide to try it in the Ft. Wood area, I can do a little scouting and talk to a few guys I know who've killed hogs up there.  No promises, because the way I've heard it, it's feast or famine.

I'll make some inquiries in the next few days and post here.  What kind of time frame were you thinking about, John?  Got any dates in mind???

One thing is for certain... BRING TICK SPRAY!!!     :biglaugh:
Rose Oak Ace 41@28
Super Shrew Gold 42@28
Black Widow PCH-X 40@28
Toelke Pika 43@28
_ _ _

A subtle play on words is better than a poke in the eye.

Offline Tyler2045

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2008, 02:28:00 AM »
No matter what i am at least 4 hours away i am living in Mississippi right now but i am Missouri born a bred still have Missouri Drivers licince and car tags.

Offline goodolboy94

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2008, 06:33:00 AM »
ft leprnard wood sounds good to me i will try and get it orginized and if any one can help and tell us where there are any good conservation lands down there orif any one has private ground taht would allow us to hunt that would be even better

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2008, 09:28:00 PM »
29% DEET, will not leave home without it.. Ha

goodoldboy let us know. I'm in for sure whenever you all can make it.

What dates seem to work for everyone? I'm more or less open to any other than the third week of August I have to be out of state.

Sanderlin III

Compton Life Member #333

Offline mqqse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2008, 10:44:00 PM »
I think some MO guys put something together about a year and a half ago and I couldn't make it at the time.  Seems like one of the guys heading it up was 'citori'.  I'd be up for it this time depending on the date(s).

Offline Onestringer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2008, 10:45:00 PM »
I am in

Scott
Sights, SIGHTS, we don't need no stinkin sights!!!!!

If Geronimo shot a Black Widow, you would be speaking Apache.

TGMM Family of the Bow

http://www.onestringer.com

Offline goodolboy94

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2008, 05:20:00 AM »
well any body who is serious about going lets set a date that can work for everybody it will be on a weekend like get there friday nite set up then go after it in all day saturday and sunday then leave sunday afternoon any body who is serious pm me the dates that would work fo you so ican get this thing organized

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2008, 09:22:00 PM »
The ground work is being done. We should know "where" we are hog hunting soon.

John III

Compton Life Member #333

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©