3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Kayaks for hunting  (Read 600 times)

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Kayaks for hunting
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2008, 06:45:00 PM »
Daddy Bear, I can attest to what you said about weather, spent most of my life on ocean and rivers, though I still like the looks of the walden boat. Thought about the canoe thing to, but in the rivers I dont think either one would be cool with weather inbound.

I have NO experience, period, with either, keep that in mind! I am used to having more boat under my backside than a canoe or kayak   :D   . But for many places I go you have to drag in a boat to get to the good creeks, do you think a kayak would be better for that?

It is something I would like to try though,

J
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2008, 12:40:00 AM »
this one came up when looking for a kayak to do some photography out of... don't own one but these would get a serious look.
   http://madrivercanoe.com/
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2008, 01:19:00 AM »
Here are two that I've been looking at for a long time but just haven't gotten around to attempting.

http://www.unclejohns.com/boat/default.htm  

The first page here looks like an overly simplified plywood boat which it is but click on the link for "photos from builders" about halfway down the page to get an idea what can be done to spruce up the basic design.

http://www.pygmyboats.com/  

This link is to the site home page also but take the time to look around at the different models available and the step by step build alongs.  These are very high quality kits with plenty of options to choose from.  

If you like trad archery and building your own stuff, these small wooden boat projects should be right up your alley.
Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Offline Jaeger

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2008, 01:29:00 AM »
Brent, those home built kayaks are awesome!! I'd love to see more pictures.

Those Malibu kayaks are very intriguing. 600lb capacity and it looks like you can actualy stand on them. I'd love to be able to bowfish from my kayak.

I may have to look into one of those.
TGMM Family of the Bow
United Bowhunters of PA

Offline tarponnut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2008, 08:14:00 AM »
I use a Heritage Redfish 12' for fly-fishing
in the Everglades. It is very stable, weighs 58#.
and would be cabable of hauling out a field dressed deer. I'm going to try it this fall to access some remote areas in the Big Cypress forest.
I personally would not feel confident shooting accurately from it. I would need to get out and then hunt.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2008, 08:06:00 PM »
I have been thinking about useing my OLDTOWN tandem kayak. IF it can carry me and my wife it should be able to take me ,camping gear for a long weekend. Should have room for bow,qiver, and a boned out deer if I got lucky! In the Adk. mountains it would get you away from the crowds real quick.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Rick Dupree

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2008, 08:14:00 PM »
IVE HAD A POKE BOAT FOR OVER 10 YRS. AND HAVE DONE A LOT OF FISHING AND DUCK HUNTING FROM IT.iT CARRIES AND DRAGS EASY AT ABOUT 30 LBS.
Rick

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©